Compound

BrianMcLeod

Reaction score
Is there a combo like m105 and m205 that works good or better just wondering?

From what I have read, not experienced, a good amount of people like FG400 and SF4000/SF4500.
Then you have the HD Cut and HD Polish.
From the Meguiar's Line: M101 and M205
Wolfgang Uber Compound and Total Swirl Remover
Those are some of the notable ones but there are several others also...

Well I received Wolfgang Über Compound and tried it for the first time today, wow.
It cuts very fast and finishes down like the 205 or better.
I've used 105-205 many times but nothing compares to the Über.

Well I received Wolfgang Über Compound and tried it for the first time today, wow.

Do you polish after

Always yes but from what I'm seeing after using the Über compound I really don't see the point but I'm sure I'll be using my 205, may not make much of a difference but at least I'll know I did it correctly:dblthumb2:
After I did my first panel I put my lights on them and my jaw dropped , I couldn't believe how well it looked.

Do you polish after

How does D300 & D301 compare to M105 &M205?

It seems a lot of people like & use D300 but apparently not many use D301. I wonder if they offered a version of D301 without the carnauba wax in it, if that would increase the use of the pair of products?

Always yes but from what I'm seeing after using the Über compound I really don't see the point but I'm sure I'll be using my 205, may not make much of a difference but at least I'll know I did it correctly:dblthumb2:
After I did my first panel I put my lights on them and my jaw dropped , I couldn't believe how well it looked.

Might be able to use M205 with a less aggressive pad than usual if the WG finished out that well. :xyxthumbs:

HD Cut and Polish.

Less dust, better finish, less product.

SR99, take a look at Meguiar's new products for 2014.
Meguiars D30216 DA Microfiber Polish

They'll be releasing the DA Microfiber Polish... For sure, they are addressing it to cover the 'gap' you already noted: use D301 to finish fast, or D302 than Finish with your favorite LSP. Of course, I can't wait to try our D302 friend, but in meantime, I'll try using M205 on a Microfiber Finishing Pad (Comments are Welcome!)

For the topic: I've 'pulled the trigger' right now on Uber Compound, but on a budget, I will try using M205 I have a lot here as a DUO (Uber / M205). However, preferentially, I would like to use Wolfgang DUO (W. Swirl Remover +/or W. Finishing Glaze) as a follow up, maybe in the future. I believe M205 is fair enough as a finishing polish.

M105 have more cut than D300, so if you are dealing with 'serious damage' maybe you'll have to get something 'stronger' than D300 (remember to use always the less aggressive method first!).

M101 is what I wanted most, however, they only offer 32oz minimum: for me ~50$ and 32oz to test a product I can't handle. Do not forget to account that who pays for M101 says it worths every cent, so you really get what you pay for.

That's why I've chosen Uber Compound -> 16oz Option, try it out, Larger Bottles if considered essential.

Meguiar's is also offering a free 16oz M100 with the Microfiber 5' kit, I also heard some people mixing M100 + D300, so I believe if more cut is needed on D300 we can 'tweak it' with M100 (or M100 alone), but just speculating for now, I have to test and see how it works for my taste.

In fact, I don't like this 'mixing', I prefer to use a product (also synergetic with it's whole line) for what it was developed, but we all know it's not always possible.

Another combo is Meg's UC / UP, cheap enough and really easy to find. They do wonders for OTC products. By the way, if you want to get BETTER (as stated in the topic) than 105 / 205, UC / UP is not what you'll be looking for.

Kind Regards!

Is there a combo like m105 and m205 that works good or better just wondering?

There are a thousand answers to that one Brian.

Q: You mean SMAT products?
A: Yes, 101/100/205/83 are close
Q: You mean Meguiar's products?
A: Plenty there just pick two. D300/D302 (new) +301 or 151 and you'd not need anything else.
Q: You mean DAT products?
A: Apples and oranges there. Menz is a natural progression but a TOTALLY different working method.
Q: You mean ANY products?
A: Every detailing site you go to will have at least a dozen different combos. Here of course you have Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP & Blackfire just in house brands. :eek:

I just tried WG Uber Compound today. Cut great and finished exceptionally well for a heavy cut compound. Wiped off easy, too.

I have found that FG400 works incredibly well on a Meguiars MF finishing disc with the Rupes 21.

M105 creates a huge dust storm, at least from my experience.

I ordered a sample of Wolfgang compound and excited to see how it works :)

I've often wondered with all the talk about FG400 and how well it cuts as well as how well it finishes...

...why more folks haven't experimented with Meguiar's 67 One-Step Compound & 3M's Marine Compound and Finishing Material. As far as I know they are similar in abrasive technology as FG 400...meaning DAT...I think. Yes, both are made for marine use, but the key word above was 'experimented'...which is what many of you guys do a lot of. You know that both the products I mentioned should have plenty of cut. I personally have used M67 on black paint and though I don't condemn nor condone the use of such product on paint the product could work in a pinch should a person run out of FG 400. Just sayin'...

I just tried WG Uber Compound today. Cut great and finished exceptionally well for a heavy cut compound. Wiped off easy, too.

I have read good things about WG UC but it is pricey! $60 for 32 oz and $180 for 1 gal. Megs 105 is like $25 for 32oz and $80 for 1 gal.

Back