Collinite 845 not beading after 2 days.

flugufrelsarinn

Reaction score
I just applied a fresh coat of 845 on friday, It rained last night and the entire car looks like it isn't wax. There are NO beads on the trunk, roof, or hood, only some flat drops of water, what unwaxed paint looks like. The car is beading on the sides though.

I applied it over PB BH.

Hmmmmmm

Odd.
I applied a coat of the 845 last weekend.
We had rain last night and the car was parked outdoors, I could not believe the crazy beading I saw this morning, nice beads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

Is it windy as well? It's possible it sheeted right off. Spritz it with water and see if it beads.

How long did you let the glaze sit on the car before applying 845?

Pretty long, enough for me to vacuum the interior and do my wheels.

aim4squirrels said:
Is it windy as well? It's possible it sheeted right off. Spritz it with water and see if it beads.

I sprayed some water on it with the hose to get the leaves off the car, that's how I found out that it wasn't beading.

This sounds virtually impossible to me. Especially with some thought, and decent car care products used beforehand.

I think I could literally glaze a car with a can of Crisco Shortening, come along with Colly #845 after, and get protection and beading for 4-5 straight months.

I have never had an issue with 845 not beading. The only thing I can think of is, How old is the bottle? And Did you shake it well? These are even stretches for resolution to your issue because I have purposely not shaken a bottle and applied it to part of my vehicle to compare it to the shaken side and still had fair to good results. Also I have used a bottle that was at least 5 years and used 1 time shook it good and had good results.

Sounds like your glaze prevented the collinite from bonding properly. Do a LSP stripping wash, skip the glaze, and re apply the collinite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

My last coat was done end of December we have had a brutal winter here in jersey, and mine is still going strong, granted a little help from wolfgang.

And I've never had a problem with basically any wax, especially any Collinite Wax, from not adhering after using a "reputable" Glaze.

When I say a reputable Glaze, I am referring to 3M products, like Imperial Glaze, Micro-Finishing Glaze, or a product, either hand, or machine Glaze from the 3M Perfect-It Line up.

I've never used any Chemical Guy's Glazes to either praise, or condemn, so I won't go there.

The mineral spirit base of Collinite waxes should be able to literally cut through KFC Chicken Grease, and Railroad Traction Motor Greases.

Yeah, you might get smearing, clouding, poor, nasty removal, where the car looks like ass, but should still get beading, and "some" protection.

I cannot imagine any car, which an owner slaps on Colly #845, or any other Colly product, and two days later sees nada.

I won't go into being rude, or inconsiderate with this last sentence of my post, but read-edumacate thyself, study, and you will come away with a great big smile.

Me, I'm "The man called nobody", Like Terence Hill, I don't have the mastery like Mike Phillips, yet I've been around the block a couple of times.

Best advice I can give.....invest time, study, and run the Gauntlet again.
We'll be reading some pleased-happy posts from you soon.
Mark

One time 845 only lasted me a week. I blame this for applying too thin. Others will disagree and say you can't apply it too thin but it is possible. Try another coat and really work it in.

Did you park under a tree or subject to pollen, etc?

Yes, there is a lot of pollen out right now.

Pollen is very acidic and can zap the beading of a wax very quickly if left to sit very long. Parking under some trees and then having rain run off them can do the same thing.

I think the pollen might be knocking down the beading. I've noticed with my cars, when they were really dirty this winter with salt spray and road grime, there would no/little beading. After a quick spray down or touchless wash the beading would be right back.

I too have 5+ months of coverage from 845 this winter. I even applied it over the top of Poorboys Black Hole (a glaze) and got amazing results in both durability and appearance.

Back