CG All-Purpose Cleaner

AustrianOak82

Reaction score
I have been using the CG all-purpose on wheels, front bumpers, and fender liners with success. I have it diluted 10:1. I only use it if I am planning on waxing as well so no issues there but I am wondering how "safe" it is on all surfaces.

Can I use my pump sprayer and coat an entire car in the cleaner? I am doing one tomorrow that is in pretty rough shape and I was considering just spraying the entire car down as a "pre-soak"

Can it be used on pretty much everything at 10:1?

CG has a couple APCs which one are we talking about here?

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

The problem as I see it is it's from CGs - so you will never really know for sure unless you do your own tests or get the MSDS to give you a semblance of an idea of what exactly is in it. While most APCs are probably quite safe on paint - there is always that 0.001% chance it could stain something - especially if you are working outside under any type of sun.

If it was me - I would skip it. I don't see cleaning paint with APCs as really serving much of a purpose anyway. Wash & decon should get you where you need to be. If anything - use AF Avalance, P21S TAW, or Sonus All in 1.

there is always that 0.001% chance it could stain something - especially if you are working outside under any type of sun.
I don't see cleaning paint with APCs as really serving much of a purpose anyway. Wash & decon should get you where you need to be. If anything - use AF Avalance, P21S TAW, or Sonus All in 1.

Good point :xyxthumbs:
just decon the paint and follow by clay

Your plan of using chemical guys all clean as a pre soak is good plan of attack since it says it's safe for almost every surface, if any doubts just test an hidden area.

Just add a few ounces of All Clean+ to your wash bucket.

I have been using the CG all-purpose on wheels, front bumpers, and fender liners with success. I have it diluted 10:1. I only use it if I am planning on waxing as well so no issues there but I am wondering how "safe" it is on all surfaces.

Can I use my pump sprayer and coat an entire car in the cleaner? I am doing one tomorrow that is in pretty rough shape and I was considering just spraying the entire car down as a "pre-soak"

Can it be used on pretty much everything at 10:1?
I've used regular All Clean on the paint mixed 10:1 with no problems.

I use All Clean + in my wash bucket (the 10:1 diluted stuff) and spray it on the lower 1/4 of any car that is really nasty down there. I think it works great and so far haven't seen any ill effects...so far

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

I'm with swanic, wash with 2bm, chemical decon then mechanical decon. The apc isn't going to give you better results, unless the trim needs it.

CG All Clean+ works fine at that ratio
I would choose a dedicate interior cleaner or leather cleaner though :)

I would use something like ONR as a pre soak. I mix it with the soap solution in my foam gun and in the wash bucket and it really helps against built up dirt

I use Chem. Guys' APC+ diluted 10:1 for wheels and fender liners. If lower panels are bad and I'll be polishing/waxing the car, I'll pre-soak with the 10:1 APC+. I don't let it dry on the paint.

Often times I just go with ONR mixed at QD ratio to pre-soak.

APC's can be very good if you're trying to strip an LSP instead of polishing.

I think this last post pretty much answered my question, but I'll ask anyways, at what dilution would you think the CG Allclean would be safe on LSP paint? I just put a fresh coat of WG Paint sealant and I was thinking about using this on the buggy and cruddy lower panels before my washes. but I'm guessing this isnt PH balanced and would tear right through the sealant right?

Back