How many of you are enjoying your new DP Car Dryer?

WRAPT C5Z06

Reaction score
I ordered one yesterday, but they were old sold out. This looks to be a VERY well thought out product. I spent good money on a Metro Master Blaster many months ago, and while it get the job done, I did not hesitate to pick up a DP Car Dryer to replace it. I don't plan on using it to dry the whole car, mainly the cracks and crevices and some surface water. I will finish off the car with a QD and drying towel. Anyhow, I'd like to hear some thoughts for those who have used it. :dblthumb2:

I ordered one yesterday, but they were old sold out. This looks to be a VERY well thought out product. I spent good money on a Metro Master Blaster many months ago, and while it get the job done, I did not hesitate to pick up a DP Car Dryer to replace it. I don't plan on using it to dry the whole car, mainly the cracks and crevices and some surface water. I will finish off the car with a QD and drying towel. Anyhow, I'd like to hear some thoughts for those who have used it. :dblthumb2:

I've got to ask, why replace the master blaster? With the longer hose you can get for it, it has a 8 horsepower motor and is well built machine for sure. I really want one so I can mount it and use the long hose. I didn't like the DP for the reason of carrying around the motor.

Just looking for some insight as Im considering both.

I've got to ask, why replace the master blaster? With the longer hose you can get for it, it has a 8 horsepower motor and is well built machine for sure. I really want one so I can mount it and use the long hose. I didn't like the DP for the reason of carrying around the motor.

Just looking for some insight as Im considering both.
I will not be hanging anything from the wall. The Metro is a PITA to drag around. The cord is short too, so it unplugs easily. A 30 foot hose is just too long. The DP dryer is very lightweight; it will simple to carry around and no dragging anything. Again, I feel it's a very well designed product.

I love it, I really do.

Trying to do a video but with the pollen and stuff.

Love mine, got it yesterday. Wash and clayed the truck and the salt pretty much ate through any sealant i had on so i was getting no beads and didnt sheet rinse. The dryer still worked like a champ. I have no doubt its gonna be amazing next time since ill have some lsp on there again.

I have a master blaster sidekick and this thing blows harder and it much quieter. I like having the motor in one hand and the end at the other, the handle is designed very well and its comfortable to tote around and use. Long cord and very soft rubber tips are a plus also.

Id say it probably doesnt blow like the 8hp master blaster but you dont need a 20 amp breaker for it which is a plus for me.

Thing was worth every penny.

I wish I would have pulled the trigger on this at the introductory & sale price of $95. :doh:

Maybe it will go on sale again soon.

I will not be hanging anything from the wall. The Metro is a PITA to drag around. The cord is short too, so it unplugs easily. A 30 foot hose is just too long. The DP dryer is very lightweight; it will simple to carry around and no dragging anything. Again, I feel it's a very well designed product.

I'm looking at a mobile setup so for me, mounting would be beneficial! Thanks for the input.

Love mine, got it yesterday.

you dont need a 20 amp breaker for it which is a plus for me.
In order to keep on loving it...

I'm hoping you will always be plugging it into
a GFCI protected circuit/outlet whenever
using it in/around a "wet environment".

Bob

In order to keep on loving it...

I'm hoping you will always be plugging it into
a GFCI protected circuit/outlet whenever
using it in/around a "wet environment".

Bob

I actually daisy chain it off an old string of christmas lights plugged into 2 consecutive power strips. Its probably fine.

I've had my ZL1 for 11 months!!!! :wave:

I think that's a record!:laughing: Will it make it to 12?

Mark I look forward to your thoughts on this when you get it!

I received mine last week and had the opportunity to try it out this past weekend. I also have both the Sidekick and the Master Blaster.

I really don't use Sidekick much; I have primarily been using the Master Blaster for all my drying duties but as others have noted, it was awkward to move around on the driveway (always have to watch it doesn't roll into the car) and it would always trip the breaker at some point with both motors running and it was just too much for inside the garage.

The DP Car Dryer solves those problems for me, it won't trip the breaker on a standard outlet and the extra long cord works for my purposes without having to use an extension cord (as I did with the Master Blaster). It is much easier to move with around the car and works find inside the garage as well.

I am glad I got it and will continue to use it but I don't think it will replace the Master Blaster entirely. One issue for me, is that although it is powerful, it doesn't blow the water off the hood or roof as easily or quickly as the Master Blaster can with both motors running. Conversely, I felt the DP unit was a little too powerful close up for wheels, mirrors, etc. and wish it had 2 power settings like the Master Blaster. I also worry about the hose hitting the car and it is kind of awkward if you have to bend over any part of the car holding the motor and also some of the hose to keep it away from the paint. I found that lying the motor on the ground allowed me to better control this though; probably less of an issue for someone that is taller?

All in all though, I would highly recommend it, especially if you don't already have a Master Blaster. I won't be selling my Master Blaster quite yet though.

I actually daisy chain it off an old string of christmas lights plugged into 2 consecutive power strips. Its probably fine.
^^^ :wow: ^^^

It's amazing how much electrical experience you've gained since April of 2013...:props:​

MAN, that's JUST what I want in something I'm holding. 120volts twisted together with SCOTCH TAPE over it! I hope you don't die on your first detail. Being bit by 120 isn't the best feeling.

Bob

I've been using a similar unit for a couple of years that I made from a leaf blower and vac hose. My experience has been that a strap doesn't work because it's then too easy to bump the car with the motor. Holding with your hand allows you to always know where the motor is.

Also, after much experimenting I've found that the best way to use the dryer is to hold the motor with one hand, drape the hose over your neck and hold the nozzle with the other hand. This keeps the hose away from the paint and allows you to control it better.

tn_AssortedDIY007.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back