PDA

View Full Version : Preferred way to use Aqua Wax?

Pages : [1] 2

lancerplayer
03-24-2015, 02:39 PM
For the long time users of DG Aqua Wax, what is your preferred method when using the product to get the best protection and shine? I have read that some like to apply when drying the vehicle while others prefer applying to an already dried vehicle.

I'm about to pick up some Aqua Wax in the near future. What do you suggest?

Thanks everyone!

Kamakaz1961
03-24-2015, 03:13 PM
I do both!! That is some really good stuff!! When I am drying my ride I will usually miss a dry spot of water....I use the Aquawax to get rid of it. I will also use it on a dry car too. I like cleaning the door jambs with it too. I also will use it as my go-to spritz on pads when I am doing correcting/polishing.

Aquawax does it all for me!! If this is your 1st venture of it I know you will be happy!

rwright
03-24-2015, 03:14 PM
My two most common uses:

- While drying after washing with DG 901

- As a final wipe right before delivery after using DG 105 or 501

dad07
03-24-2015, 04:21 PM
For the long time users of DG Aqua Wax, what is your preferred method when using the product to get the best protection and shine? I have read that some like to apply when drying the vehicle while others prefer applying to an already dried vehicle.

Thanks everyone!

AW dry or damp you can't go wrong......spray on the panel two towel method.....one to spread and one to buff.....makes everything (finger prints a missed water spot or two) go away. Great product!

silverfox
03-24-2015, 05:11 PM
You can even dilute 50/50 and its still effective as a great drying aid/booster. I've used it that way for years. Make it last 2x longer.

ryandamartini
03-24-2015, 05:12 PM
I've always used it while drying. Spray while wet, wipe off!

MarkD51
03-24-2015, 05:53 PM
I like it best after the Vehicle is dry, and simply use it as a detail spray.

But I can perhaps see an advantage as a drying aid to lessen the creation of water spotting. I do believe that if you have issues with water spotting when always washing, the spray while still wet, might head such "off at the pass" so to speak.

But, I notice, even if there is visible water spotting after a wash Aquawax is pretty fairly effective at removing such.

From a logical standpoint, I'd assume that if you're looking to get the longest lasting protection from this product to use it full strength after the vehicle is dry, like a Detailer Spray. Beautiful in this use IMO.

Still, I wouldn't expect this product to be lasting like a durable sealant, or wax. But, it might get you from wash to wash every 2-3 weeks or so quite fine! I use it on everything, outside glass too, crystal clear, no haze, or residues left behind.

VISITOR
03-25-2015, 02:55 AM
wash, dry (w/leaf blower), and then use aquawax (spray each panel, spread around lightly w/ a mf towel and then buff off). this will get any left over droplets while adding some protection. i like to use it when the car is dry and not wet which will dilute it down...

sethr
05-09-2015, 11:55 AM

Thanks everyone!

Although I use it alone after 105 or 111, I use it while drying--sometimes! Too much can cloud.

I have a seperate spray bottle that has 501 and 20% AW in it. This is my go to touch up or usual wash-dry product.

Shortspark
05-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Aquawax, as the name implies, is meant to be used with water - but not much water. The name also implies it is a wax but in truth it is not a wax. The method someone suggested above of washing, blowing dry and then while the car is still somewhat wet, spray AW and dry with a microfiber. Your towel will glide much easier on the paint making drying a breeze. The bonus is that you will get a nice shine and a little added protection as well. One thing to remember is that the car should be totally clean when you use AW, either dry as a "topper" or as a drying aid.

If you want to use a QD for dust, finger prints, pollen, and minor dirt you are better off using Duragloss Fast Clean And Shine, a true QD with nice gloss as well. I have recently started to use a combination of FC&S and AW at a 3:1 ratio (3 parts FC&S and 1 part AW). This home brew QD works very well for me when the car is not quite 100% clean.

Here is another tip. If you can't find AW locally (eg, there are no stores in my part of Texas that even sell Duragloss products), you can always substitute Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. It acts the same way as AW, is just as versatile, just as cheap, smells great and can be found everywhere, even WalMart. In fact, I think as a drying aid it surpasses AW (although it is not quite as glossy). Lucas is a very good and easy to find product that is often overlooked.

glfnaz
05-09-2015, 01:02 PM
Aquawax, as the name implies, is meant to be used with water - but not much water. The name also implies it is a wax but in truth it is not a wax. The method someone suggested above of washing, blowing dry and then while the car is still somewhat wet, spray AW and dry with a microfiber. Your towel will glide much easier on the paint making drying a breeze. The bonus is that you will get a nice shine and a little added protection as well. One thing to remember is that the car should be totally clean when you use AW, either dry as a "topper" or as a drying aid.

If you want to use a QD for dust, finger prints, pollen, and minor dirt you are better off using Duragloss Fast Clean And Shine, a true QD with nice gloss as well. I have recently started to use a combination of FC&S and AW at a 3:1 ratio (3 parts FC&S and 1 part AW). This home brew QD works very well for me when the car is not quite 100% clean.

Here is another tip. If you can't find AW locally (eg, there are no stores in my part of Texas that even sell Duragloss products), you can always substitute Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. It acts the same way as AW, is just as versatile, just as cheap, smells great and can be found everywhere, even WalMart. In fact, I think as a drying aid it surpasses AW (although it is not quite as glossy). Lucas is a very good and easy to find product that is often overlooked.

Thats what I do too. I add 20% AW to FC&S. Great combo as a QD:xyxthumbs:

Legumes
05-10-2015, 12:01 AM
When I do two bucket washes, I will sheet most of the water off, then apply aquawax while the car is still partially wet. I also apply it to dry paint after doing rinseless washes sometimes. Wet or dry application, it will cause the paint to bead up for quite a while. I know one time I noted on a car with zero protection prior to application, it lasted at least 1.5 months beading very strongly for me on a car that is outside 24/7. I pretty much use AW as a standalone product on one of my vehicles.

AllenK
05-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Thats what I do too. I add 20% AW to FC&S. Great combo as a QD:xyxthumbs:

I need to try this! AW is a fantastic product,but so is FCS. It leaves behind a very slick and glossy finish,and it enhances beading. It's ridiculously cheap also!

Lucas Slick Mist is definitely on my list of stuff to try someday also.

holt7153
05-10-2015, 06:29 PM
First post here on AG:xyxthumbs:

I've spent the last week here on the forums gathering as much info on all things Duragloss. I've been trying various brands and it appears as if Duragloss is quickly becoming my go-to brand. Today I Sonaxed my wheels and followed up with a 105/601 combo and plan to top them off with Aquawax. Is the application method the same as on paint--just wipe on & wipe off? Or is there a better way to apply it to wheels and avoid overspray into all the nooks and crannies?

TIA

Legumes
05-10-2015, 07:03 PM
First post here on AG:xyxthumbs:

I've spent the last week here on the forums gathering as much info on all things Duragloss. I've been trying various brands and it appears as if Duragloss is quickly becoming my go-to brand. Today I Sonaxed my wheels and followed up with a 105/601 combo and plan to top them off with Aquawax. Is the application method the same as on paint--just wipe on & wipe off? Or is there a better way to apply it to wheels and avoid overspray into all the nooks and crannies?

TIA

If you're concerned with overspray, spray the aquawax directly onto your applicator, microfiber towel, or whatever media you're using. :xyxthumbs: