Car collection maintenance

juguina

Reaction score
I run a collection of 25 classic cars all restored, it is in a warehouse with a/c .
I have always kept the cars with covers, but now I would like to keep them without the covers so we can appreciate the cars much better.
How can I keep the cars without dust ? How they do it in the car museums?

This will help allot, use quality AC filters & change regularly. Keep the doors/windows shut as much as possible & good housekeeping.

Good quality microfiber towels and some quick detailer or waterless wash will do the trick for you!

if you can figure out a way to eliminate dust, please share it with us! We all know how to remove dust, but to prevent it? Id love to know!

You cannot eliminate dust, what you can do is control it. Best is see post #2. For dust that escapes post #2 see post #3

If the cars are not coated, coatings seemingly do a good job at keeping the dust at bay. Call me crazy but I have noticed it that at least using Pinnacle BL Diamond Coating helps.

a high quality sealant and as mentioned, a cutting edge waterless wash and high quality microfiber towels.

imo no need to have coatings on classic cars unless they are left out at times. the exception is on the glass as i believe the right coating on glass can help prevent road wash damage.

Your maintenance program could start off by
"WW/QD-dusting" them, one at a time, from
one end of the warehouse to the other.

When finished with the initial maintenance round
of "WW/QD-dusting" all 25: start over; and do it
all over again; and again; ad infinitum.

How they do it in the car museums?
Many museums have a dedicated dusting-crew.

Bob

I have a client he has a total of 60 cars in his collection 30 of them are here in Stuart fla he has a airplane hangar ,and installed a 30 k air conditioner which eliminates everything on some of the real time classics he has silk sheets he buys at Home Depot .when he is here from October to June I wipe them down religiously,I made a mistake he buys sheets at bed bath beyond before the ac the cars would get like a soot on them I dreaded the phone call,u couldn't use spray wax it would just smear it around ,had to use just plain water,but the hanger it's self is really clean floors are expoxie so there's you're answer ac

Thank you all for your comments. I see is not an easy task even more having the cars on lifts.
Will a blowers get rid of the dust having sealer on the paint?
Is it better a sealer than wax?
Is WW water wash or waterless wash?
Thank you for your help.

Thank you all for your comments. I see is not an easy task even more having the cars on lifts.
Will a blowers get rid of the dust having sealer on the paint?
Is it better a sealer than wax?
Is WW water wash or waterless wash?
Thank you for your help.

the blowers won't help imo.

sealant is definitely better than wax in terms of dust accrual.

WW is waterless wash.

If there is foot traffic,seal the floor if it's concrete

Back