BMW 750Li Executive Edition Coated with Wolfgang Uber

Hokie335i

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I had a new customer approach me about doing a full detail and coating on his new-to-him BMW 750Li. It was one of the few given to BMW executives and then he bought it. Had about 4k miles on it. Pretty cool, apparently it has a few features that the normal cars didn't get. Anyways, onto the car.

Before pictures. It had a lot of buffer trails and defects all over the car.
IMG_2694 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2690 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Foamed up with CG HoneyDew
IMG_2698 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Once the car was washed it went up on jackstands and all the wheels were removed to be coated inside and out. Wheels had normal brake dust on them
IMG_2701 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2700 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

After being scrubbed with Mother's Foaming wheel cleaner, they were hit with IronX
IMG_2707 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

All Clean!
FullSizeRender by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Old Wheel Weight adhesive removed
IMG_2746 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2747 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Coated with CarPro DLUX
IMG_2749 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2752 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

While the wheels were off I attacked the fender liners. I used my long reach Mother's brush that I won in the contest a while back. This was the first time I used it since my favorite long reach brush bit the dust. I really liked it!
IMG_2702 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2703 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2705 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Then exhaust tips were cleaned up
IMG_2710 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Pics after being clayed with NanoSkin Fine Sponge
IMG_2723 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2726 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Test Spot with CarPro Reflect and Lake Country White Hyrbid pad on my Flex. I was happy with the results so I did the whole car with this combo.
IMG_2764 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2786 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2790 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Tail lights were done as well
IMG_2782 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2784 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

As well as the black B Pillars
IMG_2803 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
IMG_2805 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

The car had a large scratch that was really poorly touched up.
IMG_2795 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Ended up buffing it down some and this lighting shows it but it is almost impossible to see now
IMG_2796 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Then came the coating. I had ordered the new Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating 15cc right when it came out. I had previously used OptiCoat 2.0, CQUK, and Blackfire coatings. I prepped the paint with two passes of Wolfgang Perfekt Paint Prep. I actually like the consistency of this a lot more than CarPro Eraser. It's gummier and smells like bubble gum. However, it smells almost like chemical bubble gum so when working up close to the paint it gave me a bit of a headache.

Onto the coating. I primed the applicator and did my first spot and immediately fell in love with it! Plenty of working time to work it in and super easy to spread. Wiping it off is a breeze as well! By far the easiest coating I have used. I applied it in 65* in my climate controlled garage. After the 12 hours of cure timeI noticed a slight haze on the paint. Wiped off easily with a towel but then came back. A quick wipe down with distilled water fixed it and car looked phenomenal afterwards! I only tested it on the paint on this car. However, I just bought a new truck (write up coming soon) and I put it on the wheels, paint, glass and trim. I did it on my own car so I could test its durability over extended periods of time.

Onto the finished pictures!
DSC_0281 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0322 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0327 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0328 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Customer picked the car up early and the sun wasn't up yet but I was able to snag a few when he arrived.
DSC_0278 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0284 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0300 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0304 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

It was DINAN tuned as well!:dblthumb2:
DSC_0307 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0312 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0333 by Chris Merritt, on FlickrDSC_0334 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0337 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0340 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0324 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0290 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr
DSC_0338 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

DSC_0292 by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Hope you all liked it! The customer was so impressed with the finished car that he has booked to have his Alpina B7 done after Thanksgiving! Really excited to get my hands on that one!

Wow!! Stunning work on that carbon black autobahn land yacht. That looks incredible now after your TLC.

I really enjoy the long Mothers brush as well.

Thanks for sharing. Will be on the lookout for he Alpina.

Just picked up one of those Mothers brushes yesterday! Did you use any dressing on the wheel wells? Car turned out great!

Incredible work my friend! I also have the mothers brush and love it, great work buddy:)

Excellent job, those 50/50 shots of reflect are amazing.

Wow!! Stunning work on that carbon black autobahn land yacht. That looks incredible now after your TLC.

I really enjoy the long Mothers brush as well.

Thanks for sharing. Will be on the lookout for he Alpina.

I got Mother's short brush and tire brush as well that I use on wheels/tires all the time. I'm really impressed with their brushes! I'm looking forward to the Alpina as well.

Just picked up one of those Mothers brushes yesterday! Did you use any dressing on the wheel wells? Car turned out great!

You'll love the brushes! I didn't use any dressing on the wheel wells this time. Thank you! :props:

Incredible work my friend! I also have the mothers brush and love it, great work buddy:)

Mother's seems like the place to go for good brushes haha. Thank you as always my friend! :dblthumb2:

Excellent job, those 50/50 shots of reflect are amazing.

Appreciate it! I was very happy with Reflect and how it handled the buffer swirls and really brought out the metallic paint.

Very nice job.

Thank you sir

awesome job!!

Thanks! :xyxthumbs:

great job inside and out!

Appreciate it!

Stellar work! Loved the hood shot. Almost looks like a roundel comet with the reflection!

That's incredible! I'm impressed with the wheel work you did. May I ask how long this project took??

That's incredible! I'm impressed with the wheel work you did. May I ask how long this project took??

Thank you! I really like to focus and make the wheels perfect because they can make or break a detail. The whole project took approximately 3 days including the coating cure time.

Back