Cherokee SRT8

Jaretr1

Reaction score
I have to admit, I am a little embarassed, not by my work, but by the photos. This is almost not worthy of posting.

Ill be honest, I get so focused on the job at hand, taking pictures slips my mind completely. To all of you that manage not only to do amazing work, but also take amazing photos, kudos. However we were on a time crunch, so perhaps thats my excuse.

So this job was from a body shop. The owner of the body shop is a friend of a friend, and he promised the owner of this Jeep he would get it detailed before he returned it to him. He had repainted it.

The paint job was ok, definitely not show car quality, but I am sure a huge improvement over what it was before it was painted. However, typical of the average body shop, the wet sanding and compounding (or whatever they did after they painted it) left the truck covered in swirls. Additionally, he had left it sitting outside for weeks so water spots found their way onto the hood as well. He originally wanted us (I was working with a friend) to just glaze and wax it. I guess thats what they do in body shops. My friend instead recommended we polish and wax it, which is what we did.

We were able to wash, tape off trim, polish, wax, and clean the interior in 4 hours.

For the hood, I hit it with Uber compound first because of the water spots. Uber got rid of all the defects, however, the paint seemed pretty soft so there was still some slight swirls left by the compound. I finished the hood, and the rest of the truck with M205. M205 perfected the hood and got 80-90% of the swirls off the rest of the truck in addition to really bringing out the shine. For as difficult as M105 is to use, M205 is that easy. Its also very capable for a polish. I also find Carpro Reflect to be very similar to M205. Since I had not used it in a long time, and we were working in a body shop, I finished the truck with a coat of Meguiars #26 High Tech Yellow Wax. Its a very underrated wax with a distinct but pleasant scent.

Pre on the hood (doesnt look as bad in the photo as it was)
IMAG3161.jpg

After:
IMAG3162.jpg

IMAG3163.jpg

IMAG3164.jpg

Don't apologize for pic quality, we are picture whores here and anything is good to see. I suffer the same problem and neglect to take pictures when i'm working. It is one of my 2016 New Years Resolutions.

Looks great!

Just think how much better they will look when they say "HELLCAT" on the fender .

Back