I hate my Flex PE8

FinishingTouchA

Reaction score
Today was my first time using this brand new machine. I love the idea, but in reality it sucks. Whenever I turn the machine on it jumps up +1500 rpm, so at 1 it jumps up to 2500 then drops down to 1300. This makes it impossible to use without slinging product everywhere. Also it sometimes has an issue of a continuous pulse. Jumping between 1300 and 2500 until you bring the machine up to speed 3. Is this just how the machine works or did I get a dud right out of the box? I'm about to toss this thing in the garbage. My PE14 and 3401 are amazing but I'm very disappointed with this one.

Hmm. I'm really interested in the outcome of this. I was looking into a PE8 to replace my PCXP that I only use with 3" pads at this point and I'm getting impatient waiting for a mini-3401.

Sounds like some sort of power supply problem. Just process of elimination, are you using an extension cord?

Mine doesn't seem to be possessed with
any of the thaumaturgical symptoms
you mention.

Bob

I love my PE8. I only use it on speed 1 on paint and up to 3 on glass. I've never experienced anything like you are mentioning.

Wish it had a better trigger, but all in all a great machine for surgical buffing.

Mine doesn't do any of that,I've just used it twice though.

you have had some luck this month, i suggest not buying a car or house this month sir!

I also have never had an issue like yours.
I also love the machine and hate the trigger.

Correction, hate the on/off switch. Wish it came with a soft start trigger.

Inclined to think you got lucky(or unlucky depending on how you want to look at it). Like everyone else I don't have any problems with mine; other than the on off switch which is more of a personal taste thing anyway. It's a bit awkward and difficult to get used to. Would have much preferred a trigger like the pe-14 or 3401.

Hey Ryan,

No issues with mine either. Sorry to hear of your misfortunes.

Are you still facing this issue? Wondering if it was a defective batch.

That is not normal.

Send it back for an exchange. That is absolutely defective.

Contact one of the customer service people at AG.

Or did you buy it somewhere else:cry::eek:

Back