Speed brush vs. Wheel woolies.

Souldetailer

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Hope you're having a great day. Okay, so I have the Speed brush set. Also considering the Wheel woolies set. Overkill? Both appear to be excellent products, love the Speed brushes. Would you get the Woolies too, to creat ultimate wheel coverage. Thanks & take care.

Peace,

Darrin

I retired my Speed Brush after getting the Wheel Woolies set.

I started off with the Speed Brush set but one thing I didn't like about it was with the long bristle it would sling product everywhere as I moved it to clean between spokes and miss some spots sometimes. I personally find the Wheel Woolies to be a lot better. No product slinging and because they are not bristle there's less change of me missing some dirt on the wheels.

I think the Wheel Woolies do a better job of cleaning but the Speed Master brush gets into places where the Woolies can't like between the caliper and the barrel when there's not much clearance.

The good thing about the Speed Master brush is that you can bend them however you like.

I keep my large Speed Master brush bent at a 90 degree angle to clean behind the spokes.

It's nice to have both if you can afford it.

Hey Darrin,

I have the Speed brushes and the wheel whoolies. The wholes are great for painted and intricate wheels. Both sets have a place in my arsenal.

I started off with the Speed Brush set but one thing I didn't like about it was with the long bristle it would sling product everywhere as I moved it to clean between spokes and miss some spots sometimes. I personally find the Wheel Woolies to be a lot better. No product slinging and because they are not bristle there's less change of me missing some dirt on the wheels.

:iagree::dblthumb2:

I just use the speed brush for my wheel wells and the wheel woolies for my wheels

I too use both, I usually find something to work on all the different wheels I see. Seems like there's less space for tools between the disc/dust shield and the wheel these days.

I also have both, they're not terribly expensive so if you can swing it I think both have their place in an arsenal. I've been using the woollies more and more but like others said the speed master bends and gets in places the woollies can't.

I also have both, they're not terribly expensive so if you can swing it I think both have their place in an arsenal. I've been using the woollies more and more but like others said the speed master bends and gets in places the woollies can't.

So do you use the Whoolies on the face of the wheels?

I got the speed brush set..figured they'd be good for cleaning between spokes
I only used the jr one..didn't like that theres a hard end at the tip..figured there'd be some cushion to it..
A Walmart? Brake dust brush works better to me then the speed brush

Are the woolys flexable?
Thought I seen some type of brush for sale that you could bend to different shapes to help with cleaning rim barrels and what not
Ill lost a pic of the other brush I have
Out of the 2 I'd go with the wheel woolies

I use wheel woollies and love them!

I will be getting speed brush mainly for engine details... hitting areas where there are lots of cables, hoses, nook and crannies will be much easier with a speed brush than anything I have right now. But for wheels, woollies are the way to go.

tumblr_inline_n3ghj9J3u91qcklud.gif

I have both and find there are some wheels where the woolies just cannot get to all the spots you need them to (perhaps the bent one is something that is needed in these cases).

Sometimes on wider wheels with minimal clearance between the barrel of the rim and the brake rotor dust shield (not sure of the correct name), the big woolie doesn't fit either, and whilst the medium brush fits, its handle isn't long enough to reach deep into the barrel...

As already mentioned, both is ideal, especially if you encounter multiple wheel designs, but if only 1 is an option, then I'd say the design of your wheels will be the deciding factor if its only for use on your own car.

Lawrence brings up a good point regarding the length of the brush.

When dealing with wheels in the 8"-9" width range, is the shorter version of either the Woolies or Speed Master going to be long enough to easily reach the back of the wheel barrel?

I use a brake dust brush similar to the one sold by Mother's here and find it's too thick to get into the brake caliper/wheel gap not to mention short enough I have to work my hands inside the wheel to get clear to the back of the barrel. A longer, thinner brush would be nice.

Back