Which Wheel Cleaner

Gunpowder

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm a newbie to all this and have been purchasing different products and upgrading others. My question is what is the best all purpose wheel cleaner for all different types of wheel finishes? I have been looking at sonax full effect, and meguiars D143. Thanks.

There are not that many wheel cleaners that
state that they can, safely, be used on every/all
types of wheels; as well as: guarantees not to
damage any type of wheel.

On the other hand:
The wheel cleaner offerings from P21S,
and S100 actually state that they meet the
above criteria; and, that's why I use them.

Bob

Ok guys I'm a newbie to all this and have been purchasing different products and upgrading others. My question is what is the best all purpose wheel cleaner for all different types of wheel finishes? I have been looking at sonax full effect, and meguiars D143. Thanks.

Let's narrow this down from "All types of finishes". What kind of wheels are you really working on?

The only safe wheel cleaner for all finishes in my opinion would be car soap and water though that has its exceptions too that said meguairs d143 would be your best buy especially if your doing this to earn a little cash thus if your doing this for your own fun then I'll suggest removing the wheels deep clean them, seal them and maintain them with a weekly washing lastly another suggestion would be All purpose cleaner(APC) as a wheel cleaner though whichever method you choose when in doubt always test on a hidden area first before going to far

The only safe wheel cleaner for all finishes in my opinion would be car soap and water
This may be true. I know someone who used Griot's pH balanced heavy duty wheel cleaner which is touted as safe for any wheel finish. However, it removed the paint in some areas of the wheel.

I don't believe D143 states that it is
safe to use on polished/bare aluminum,
or anodized wheels.

Bob

Your exactly correct Bob though one may not run into many of said wheels but more of the wheels stated on the product, hence won't mind maybe buying a special product/charging extra to give such wheel type needed attention, I also understand that your saying you should have one that does it all not just some

This may be true. I know someone who used Griot's pH balanced heavy duty wheel cleaner which is touted as safe for any wheel finish. However, it removed the paint in some areas of the wheel.

Wow I didn't know that wheel cleaner could be that strong especially snice it's a highly recommended safe cleaner I hope where he bought it from refunded there money atleast

PWC says they're safe on all surfaces...is that not true?

I would be using it mainly on factory type aluminum wheels none clear coated, but I also have a couple vehicles with painted wheels, with one having what a believe to be some type of clear coat. Just thought that there may be something out there that would be safe for all of them, but that is starting to look like that's not going to be possible.

I would be using it mainly on factory type aluminum wheels none clear coated, but I also have a couple vehicles with painted wheels, with one having what a believe to be some type of clear coat.

Just thought that there may be something out there that would be safe for all of them, but that is starting to look like that's not going to be possible.
HUH?!?!

P21S/S100 Wheel Cleaners are safe for all of them.

Per: Post# 2

There are not that many wheel cleaners that
state that they can, safely, be used on every/all
types of wheels; as well as: guarantees not to
damage any type of wheel.

On the other hand:
The wheel cleaner offerings from P21S,
and S100 actually state that they meet the
above criteria; and, that's why I use them.

Bob

Hey funx650 thanks for the info. I did see your earlier post, do you find that the p21s/s100 give you a better result than just a good quality wash? Thanks.

P21S gel is the best and safest wheel cleaner I have ever used. I used the German version while I was there as well as Sonax and P21S won out over all the others on the German market.

Back