Garage & Shop Pictures

You guys have some awesome shops! I thought I'd chime in on a more down-scaled version.

I recently weeded out the cheap chemicals (a crate and a half to the Goodwill store!) and am slowly replacing them with better quality products. Just bought a Flex polisher that's still in the box, too. I'll wait until after class next weekend before I break that one out!

I picked up a rolling stool and a step platform at the last Harbor Freight sale. (That's a dangerous store to roam around in!)

Hope to add a bunch more items from AG when I come down next weekend!

This first picture is around the sink. Picked this rack up at Wally World cheap. Also glad to have a sink in the garage.
The second is the balance of my gear and supplies (and the nose of my MINI).

Also share the garage with the Rav4.

Enjoy seeing everyone's photos. Lot's of great ideas!

Sweet garage, looks like you have it set up nicely. I'd have to have some curtains so the neighbors wouldn't see me detailing in my skivvies :D

I picked up a rolling stool and a step platform at the last Harbor Freight sale. (That's a dangerous store to roam around in!)

It's hard not to grab those orange funnels at the checkout. I needs me another set lol

Sweet garage, looks like you have it set up nicely. I'd have to have some curtains so the neighbors wouldn't see me detailing in my skivvies :D

Great point and great advice!:xyxthumbs:

I need alot of ventilation...

Junkyard_hujir.JPG

That's disgusting, what a sad statement of our existence.

Well I don't have any pictures but I had to write an essay for my English class. Of our safe haven or our go to place. So I made up my dream place. (Teacher gave me the green light btw)

Michael Stoops and Christopher Brown and others were like "you didn't really have to taste it, but I did. So I could make it as realistic as possible. Lol

Here is my essay:

ENG 67
Art Hernandez
9/12/2013

In Detail

As soon as I walk in, it is completely dark. “click” is what you’ll hear as the light switch goes up as I turn it on. I hear a slight buzzing sound, like a bumble bee in the far distance, “buzzzz”. As the lights flicker and the electricity is flowing to turn each individual light. A few seconds later my bright garage lights turn on. At first, if you are not used to it. You will probably squint your eyes, because my shop lights are blinding to the untrained eye. It would be just like when you wake up in the morning and head outside with the bright shining blinding light. I like my work space from the far left of the room to the very beginning of the room to be completely covered in light. I detail cars as my profession. So I need as much light as possible to see any imperfections on my customers cars. From any hairline scratch that will need to be removed. To a slight dime sized left over wax residue that I might have missed, as I am inspecting my finished results. Before I hand over your car. Since I specialize in automotive paint. I need the lighting in my work area to be as bright as the sun.

When I walk over to my cabinet towards the end of the garage, about 10-15 feet away from the front entrance door. To inspect my detailing supplies. You will notice all these different colors. From bright purple, chalky yellow, to a bright white. These are different chemicals that I use to correct automotive paint. I find pleasure walking towards my work area and admiring my detailing equipment. My compounds, polishes and waxes. If I were ever blinded, I could describe every individual product to you by it’s smell alone. If you told me “close your eyes and guess the product by the smell.” I would close my eyes and gladly take on the challenge, with a grin just like Cheshire Cat. The purple cat from Alice in Wonderland. As soon as I took a whiff of the first product. If I were to smell bubble gum. I would say “That is Poorboy's Natty’s Blue paste wax.” If I were challenged by another products smell. If this time it smelled like grape I would respond with “that is my Meguiars D120 glass cleaner”

By now you should realize that challenging me by smelling the products. You will lose. So then if you asked for another challenge and told me to feel the pads I use to correct paint on my polisher machine. I could still close my eyes and guess aggressiveness of each pad by the texture of each individual one. If with my eyes still closed I felt a ruff, round pad with hairs sticking out of it, that felt like sheep fur and that I could grip. I would say “that is my Rotary wool cutting pad” If asked to guess another pad and with my eyes still closed. If I felt a round very soft almost zero roughness in texture, that felt as soft as a baby’s pillow that I could not grip. I would reply “that is my foam finishing pad”

If you still are not satisfied and asked me for the final challenge and then you grabbed another product and put a dab of product on my finger tip. Then asked me “taste it!” I still would have a grin on my face and kindly accept your challenge. As I stuck my finger out and then placed the tip of my finger on my tongue to taste the product, that you put on my finger. If you are still wondering “I wonder if he’ll guess it?” Yep, I will answer correctly with “That is my Meguiar’s Tire and Trim Gel and it tastes just like candy.” You then look at the bottle and realized that I again answered correctly.

While every nook and crannie is taken up by my detailing equipment. To me it would always look like I am alway short on supplies and missing something. Like a store that had a 95% off sale on Christmas day that was low on supplies because we always have to be prepared for the next job. I always walk in and catch anything slightly out of place and consider it being disorganized. Just like the next night at a college fraternity party. A complete mess. As a detailer you realize that we pay attention to every detail. Just like a professor correcting a student's essay checking for all details and descriptions.

^ I tried my best, it was actually easy to come up with ideas, because I thought about you guys :)

You guys have some really nice work areas. I do to much dirty work to keep my garage that clean. I just got heat hooked up today though, and the shell in this picture is going to gone in the next week or two.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

My place to work on cars and also when I have the mood to my daily work as software engineer.

IMG_1049s.jpg

IMG_1051s.jpg

IMG_1052s.jpg

IMG_1053s.jpg
Great looking shop. I guess you missed my post because it was directed specifically to your set-up. Tight water runoff regulations are going to force me to wash indoors so I was thinking the same about washing indoors on mat, & discharging water down toilet. Ever had any problems with extreme long vehicles & keeping water on mat? What brand mat? How long have you had it? Any water or air leaking problems?

Great looking shop. I guess you missed my post because it was directed specifically to your set-up. Tight water runoff regulations are going to force me to wash indoors so I was thinking the same about washing indoors on mat, & discharging water down toilet. Ever had any problems with extreme long vehicles & keeping water on mat? What brand mat? How long have you had it? Any water or air leaking problems?

The longest car I had on mat is my A7 - nearly 5m, and its fit ok.
This is a mat from Chemical Guys.
I have this mate since June.
Water leaking - no.
Air leaking - yes, after few uses. The air descends very slowly. And because of that, I'm not looking for the place where the leak is, yet.

Back