What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Using the lines and tire stop I can fit either car in and shut the garage door, but I can't open the FJs rear door fully, it's a swing out door. It also gives me room to work all round either vehicle, except the front of the FJ, there's only an inch between the bull bar and the door, and yes, I still find myself checking how close the door is every time I close it.

I don't trust reverse cameras for guidance while reversing either, even though a lot of them have moving guide lines. I use it only to confirm there is nothing behind me. The FJs reverse display is in the mirror anyway, so it's quite small. I'm sure I could pull some wires and connect it to my aftermarket head unit's camera input, but it sounds a bit involved. I might google it, somebody has probably already done it.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Not me obviously, but this is day 2 for this guy on this job, I passed him yesterday morning as well, I hope he's being paid well.

I didn't stop and bother him either, he knows what he's doing and he doesn't need someone slowing things down.
08734ce37190e92fa44df5fb0fa1361f.jpg

After THREE straight days of rain it was time to wash the EN, dirty but because of my 1.5 year old Gyeon Q2 Pure EVO coating it wasn't "that" bad, let's go

I've got today off of work because I had one more vacation day to use before April 9th, use it or lose it! When I put in for the day last week it was supposed to sunny and 59, fast forward to today, party sunny, eventually and 46

I decided to use P&S Asolute RW and it's another one of those very solid RW's, I know some have had issues with it but I haven't. I'm also getting close to the bottom of the bottle, thinning the hurd

Later on my buddy who owns a mobile tire business is coming over to remove the winter set-up, remove the Pirelli's from my KN rims, add new tpms' that actually work and wrap the KN rims in my one season old, OEM spec, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s rubber
dfff17cbe8b86f5adf08d8cc6b34974f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Well due to the snow last night and this morning the roads were a disaster but I wasn’t going to miss the first day for a wash following the ceramic coating

I went to the touch less tunnel wash where I have a monthly pass, broke out the IK foamer full of BH Auto Foam and started around the car

I should have soaked the back first but I didn’t and the rear end got less than the rest and I had none left for the wheels

I honestly didn’t count on just how huge this car is

I let it dwell for just a couple of minutes and went through the wash and dry

It did a decent job except for the worst of the back end

Sadly by the time I got home it was trashed again from the sloppy snowy roads but it was clean for about 5 minutes

I’m weighing the benefits of a rinseless wash vs possible harm and I haven’t come to a conclusion yet

24bdc1a8874114ffa90090c79b6714bb.jpg

e9113ef0577ceb7a459cd1add16d2d50.jpg

ce36af92e6c04f97fe88121c9a54abd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This weekend I learned white is a love/ hate relationship. It's very forgiving 90% of the time but I was sort of hoping after a weekend of full decon, clay, polishing and my first run at a more advanced coating, it would shine a little differently than after every maintenance wash. I can't say I see it just yet but I take a little solace in knowing it has a solid coating base for the foreseeable future. The white though can be a real pain with high spots (still finding some after 24hrs). Labocosmetica Veritas has been a life saver!

I also bought a Rupes 21mm and the HF Hercules forced rotation polishers this winter that I got to use during this cleanup so that's a bonus. I like them both. And I love the LC Pad Washer... it cleaned up pads from last Fall that I thought were clean. I feel like I can now justify buying all 3 of those.

High winds and rain today (the coating cure time just passed) so haven't taken it outside to do final inspection it but feels good to be done. Mileage on it is about to go up about 200mi a week, so hopefully the paint will be ready.

Thankful for a stockpiled load of "sick days" for giving me Friday and today to finish this and still have Sunday to enjoy now.
db84855f0d573a38162abbab2bff346f.jpg
1de56b498a3e6a7fdce640b26a228f28.jpg

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

fdf271bd0a22ec3c3589d5d8a488d1b1.jpg
afbd8c8651cd59a14daa8f43af310206.jpg
563ab48b47d42629f5331abbd487a170.jpg
ca6e19950e89ea02f7081f68c3c62414.jpg

Been fixing up an older Mitsubishi we've had from my father-in-law. Plan on getting it wrapped with my company graphics when its done. I used 1200 grit 2" inch wet sanding discs with the Flex PXE then microfiber
LC 2"inch micro with 3D500
On the grill used Plastidip.
Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

I thought I'd spruce up the bullbar a bit, I had some leftover Reset in my bucket from washing my brother's Outlander a couple of weeks ago. Once dry I thought I'd put some Collinite 845 on it. The paint didn't look too bad, so I gave it a wipe over with Ech2o, I didn't bother with the lower plastics, wheels, or tyres, we still have puddles every where from the rain bomb last week, an inch of rain on Thursday and 4 inches on Friday.

The second pic is of my neighbour's Skoda, it got a wash today as well, but not by me. While I was working on my brother's car, my next door neighbour was hinting about getting her Skoda washed, sounding me out, I sort of talked around what a wash and spray coating might cost elsewhere, but not what I'd charge. This may have led to the Skoda getting foamed, rinsed, washed, and vacuumed today, after I took the shot he came back out and sprayed something on the tyres from an aerosol can. I stayed inside working on the FJ, keeping my head down.
43daae52da41d3355fa43346ee82c857.jpg
ffedcd6d30b07e433253caa57913a2c1.jpg

After a week of rain, finally did a Maintenace wash on the truck Saturday. They were calling for rain, but never happened. Usual wash and detail. Finished with wet wax and #253 on the tires. And temps are starting to moderate, so just set up my stuff back in the garage.

Well due to the snow last night and this morning the roads were a disaster but I wasn’t going to miss the first day for a wash following the ceramic coating

I went to the touch less tunnel wash where I have a monthly pass, broke out the IK foamer full of BH Auto Foam and started around the car

I should have soaked the back first but I didn’t and the rear end got less than the rest and I had none left for the wheels

I honestly didn’t count on just how huge this car is

I let it dwell for just a couple of minutes and went through the wash and dry

It did a decent job except for the worst of the back end

Sadly by the time I got home it was trashed again from the sloppy snowy roads but it was clean for about 5 minutes

I’m weighing the benefits of a rinseless wash vs possible harm and I haven’t come to a conclusion yet

24bdc1a8874114ffa90090c79b6714bb.jpg

e9113ef0577ceb7a459cd1add16d2d50.jpg

ce36af92e6c04f97fe88121c9a54abd2.jpg

Go for it. A lot of trusted members here believe. Pressure wash first if you can. With your road environment I would look up Gary Dean method. Use 10-15 MF towels. Rolling your wrist away from paint as you make a pass. Then switch to clean side. MF will give you 8 clean sided.

I would stay away from rinseless sponges in Alaska winters.

If you can PW first or hose rinse 1st I would.

Ammo Frothe I feel is safe less no rinse option. Messy at first but once you get routine down my favorite. I feel foam cushions towel and encapsulates dirt best

Folks who are scared to rinseless are some ones who won’t put there credit cards on internet or think the government aliens are following them

Go for it. A lot of trusted members here believe. Pressure wash first if you can. With your road environment I would look up Gary Dean method. Use 10-15 MF towels. Rolling your wrist away from paint as you make a pass. Then switch to clean side. MF will give you 8 clean sided.

Ammo Frothe I feel is safe less no rinse option. Messy at first but once you get routine down my favorite. I feel foam cushions towel and encapsulates dirt best

Folks who are scared to rinseless are some ones who won’t put there credit cards on internet or think the government aliens are following them

Wait...their not

Wait...their not

No, no, they're definitely after you and your spot less vehicle. Pretty sure they leave something that's a hybrid of bird and pollen if they catch you.

No, no, they're definitely after you and your spot less vehicle. Pretty sure they leave something that's a hybrid of bird and pollen if they catch you.

Could be that double cicadas attack coming, you seen them things up close🫣

All good solid info (except the aliens part, I know better. I have stock in Reynolds tin foil hat company)

I am generally not afraid to do a RW, I have done hundreds, and using an overall pre-spray and the GD method exclusively for the last decade or so

I just wish I could get it absolutely DEEP clean ONCE and get something on top of the ceramic before I dive into a RW

I thought I was protective of the other Lexus but this one is freaking me out, probably because it is double what we have ever spent on a car before

Could be that double cicadas attack coming, you seen them things up close🫣

I heard about that but the map they show looks like it is entirely targeted right at Illinois. Now THAT actually does seem targeted to you

I heard about that but the map they show looks like it is entirely targeted right at Illinois. Now THAT actually does seem targeted to you

Great...super sexual cicadas this summer, the pine trees and this tree that drops these things the size of a plum

I should have listened to chilly and walked away. This is the vehicle from my lowballer rant thread. This thing got the works; CSL + EXO, a trim coating and window coating. The application of EXO I threw in just because I had an open bottle with a little left and didn’t want to waste and I like to give customers more than they pay for. I finished the job and when the customer came to pick it up the first words out of his mouth were “is it shiny”. Look at the damn thing. It looks like it has a layer of liquid glass on it and this dude’s car has never looked a tenth as good as it does now. This is hands down the best looking Tesla in my hood and the only one with a real coating on it. Let alone I helped him prep his work SUV for the logo application out of the kindness of my heart.

When he paid me he was short $100 and here we go with this BS again. I clearly stated my price and he said he would drop it off at 8 am Sunday. I clearly told him for anything less I would be pissing money away and this is why I hate when people in my neighborhood (they’re not all like this but the majority are) come to me for anything detailing related. I got the other $100 but I’m done dealing with these cheapskates. I think I’m gonna get all of my friends and go to his ice cream shop and get the largest cup possible and start haggling with him just to let him see how it feels.

Fixed the nice love mark his wife left on the side

I should have known better. Anyone whose tire looks like this will not value my service.
[/url

I should have listened to chilly and walked away. This is the vehicle from my lowballer rant thread. This thing got the works; CSL + EXO, a trim coating and window coating. The application of EXO I threw in just because I had an open bottle with a little left and didn’t want to waste and I like to give customers more than they pay for. I finished the job and when the customer came to pick it up the first words out of his mouth were “is it shiny”. Look at the damn thing. It looks like it has a layer of liquid glass on it and this dude’s car has never looked a tenth as good as it does now. This is hands down the best looking Tesla in my hood and the only one with a real coating on it. Let alone I helped him prep his work SUV van for the logo application out of the kindness of my heart.

When he paid me he was short $100 and here we go with this BS again. I clearly stated my price and he said he would drop it off at 8 am Sunday. I clearly told him for anything less I would be pissing money away and this is why I hate when people in my neighborhood (they’re not all like this but the majority are) come to me for anything detailing related. I got the other $100 but I’m done dealing with these cheapskates. I think I’m gonna get all of my friends and go to his ice cream shop and get the largest cup possible and start haggling with him just to let him see how it feels.

Fixed the nice love mark his wife left on the side

I should have known better. Anyone whose tire looks like this will not value my service.

Is it shiny...

What a toolbag

For what its worth, that looks amazing

The jerk certainly doesn't deserve it

Back