Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Wolfgang Uber

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
My ranking -

1st - Absolute

2nd - N-914

3rd - Dry Spell

ONR gets the most use though, although more as a water-less wash product to wipe engine bays, door jambs, interior wipe downs.

I need to try Absolute. Without a Mustang in the garage, I've been 100% soap & water washing. I still want to give it a shot, though. It could be something I end up using for door jambs etc.

I need to try Absolute. Without a Mustang in the garage, I've been 100% soap & water washing. I still want to give it a shot, though. It could be something I end up using for door jambs etc.

I have the same issue with ONR. I bought the 3.8l one about 5 years ago, and I'm about halfway through it. I obviously don't do enough rinseless washes. I tried adding it to the windscreen reservoir, but it left streaks. I've just ordered some Ech2o to try out, there was a sale on, should arrive next week.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

I use my ECHO2 as a drying aid and speed detailer. I'm curious to hear how you like it Dave.

I suspect without Absolute, I wouldn't have fallen so in love with rinse-less.

Up to that point, I had been dabbling with ONR and N-914, but Absolute just seems to suit me better. For most, it won't be the game changer it is for me, but I genuinely look forward to using it.

Prior to all this, I bought a bottle of ONR because I thought that was what you were supposed to do................. yes, I'm a keep up with the Jones's type of person. I had no idea what I was going to use it for, certainly not rinse-less washing! I started using it here and there mixed at the water-less ratio, initially hating the scent. I started using it for wiping engine bays and bench surfaces. Then to wipe down door jambs, then interiors. We also use it in the kitchen. The mild scent I find totally fine now, in fact I like that it's not overpowering and that I can use it in my interiors without the scent lingering.

Then, after much resistance, I used ONR to do my first rinse-less wash and found that I had been missing out.

I then ordered a bottle of N-914 after everyone was saying how good it was. Initially, I did not like it, finding it somewhat "sticky" feeling compared to ONR. After more use, N-914 gets a regular rotation now. It even gets put into the windscreen washer bottle.

That's where Absolute came into the picture, and this is where I found my feet.

Then Carpro ECH20....................

Then Dry Spell................which is not unlike N-914.

I have said this before, but if it wasn't for the encouragement I got from this forum, I would never have had the confidence to get into rinse-less washing.

I could drink ONR the smell for me i like it a lot! It's funny how the human nose work's from person to person.

Duragloss is still a top notch product. For me it had more lubricity than ECH20. I ended up mixing them together.

ECH2O is what I use primarily to wash my bike, does a great job of getting the job done

if ECH20 won't be enough, i'll do a two bucket wash with CARPRO's Reset

I used to wash it with ECH2O as a waterless, but not worry about completely buffing out all the streaks, then i'd dilute and use ECH2O as a QD to finish it up

I do the same now, but finish off with CARPRO EliXir rather than diluted ECH2O

McKee's N-914 is good stuff, if I used that or WG's Uber or Reset, i'll usually finish off with a reapplication of my favorite topper, Polish Angel's High Gloss :D

How do you like the Elixir compared to ECH20?

How do you like the Elixir compared to ECH20?

I'm not the person you quoted but I actually use both and just started using Ech2o 1:20 as my drying aid instead of Elixir after seeing Mike G video about it. I had my bottle of ech2o collecting dust since I got it for rinse less but preferred other products.

So for context, Elixir is my main LSP atm but this year I'm getting a coating, anyhow I'd say they are pretty much on par except protection wise, Elixir has that Reload in it so it offers much more protection. But yeah I'd say like slick wise, it's pretty similar and slight edge to Elixir IIRC. Gloss is hard to tell for me, I have a white car currently unpolished and I don't have the best eye for that, if my car is clean and has a finishing product it almost all looks the same to me. After discovering Ech2o at 1:20 I now just use my Elixir once or twice a month really instead of every wash so it saves a few $$$. Using Ech2o 1:20 it feels similar to Elixir as well the way it applies.

I'm not the person you quoted but I actually use both and just started using Ech2o 1:20 as my drying aid instead of Elixir after seeing Mike G video about it. I had my bottle of ech2o collecting dust since I got it for rinse less but preferred other products.

So for context, Elixir is my main LSP atm but this year I'm getting a coating, anyhow I'd say they are pretty much on par except protection wise, Elixir has that Reload in it so it offers much more protection. But yeah I'd say like slick wise, it's pretty similar and slight edge to Elixir IIRC. Gloss is hard to tell for me, I have a white car currently unpolished and I don't have the best eye for that, if my car is clean and has a finishing product it almost all looks the same to me. After discovering Ech2o at 1:20 I now just use my Elixir once or twice a month really instead of every wash so it saves a few $$$. Using Ech2o 1:20 it feels similar to Elixir as well the way it applies.

Appreciate the response and the info.

I plan on using it as a drying aid mostly on a non coated car until I end up coating it. With ech20, elixir and reload, it’s a tough decision.

Awesome E92 btw.

I have the same issue with ONR. I bought the 3.8l one about 5 years ago, and I'm about halfway through it. I obviously don't do enough rinseless washes. I tried adding it to the windscreen reservoir, but it left streaks. I've just ordered some Ech2o to try out, there was a sale on, should arrive next week.

ECH2O is what I use primarily to wash my bike, does a great job of getting the job done

if ECH20 won't be enough, i'll do a two bucket wash with CARPRO's Reset

I used to wash it with ECH2O as a waterless, but not worry about completely buffing out all the streaks, then i'd dilute and use ECH2O as a QD to finish it up

I do the same now, but finish off with CARPRO EliXir rather than diluted ECH2O

McKee's N-914 is good stuff, if I used that or WG's Uber or Reset, i'll usually finish off with a reapplication of my favorite topper, Polish Angel's High Gloss :D

Yeah n-914 is falling down the list. I like it’s versatility but not so much as main rinsless. I do still use as pretreat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use Elixir allot as a LSP and even quickie. It seems more Hydrophobic than ECHO2.

Just ordered my first gallon of Absolute. So 1 more to add to the collection. But I feel pretty confident it will be as good or better than my go to 914.

Just ordered my first gallon of Absolute. So 1 more to add to the collection. But I feel pretty confident it will be as good or better than my go to 914.

Both have their strengths. In have a gallon of ONR I bought for rinse bucket to keep floaties at the bottom of bucket. Ended up really liking it.

If I ever invest in another gallon though, it will be Absolute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a quick comparison after my order arrived Tuesday. I had a ONR already, so I diluted ECH2O into another spray bottle, both at QD dilutions. I cleaned 2 windows at the back of the house, same size, same height, same dirtiness.

I spayed the first window with ONR, cleaned it with a MF, then wiped it clear with a fresh MF, cleaned up well.

Then I sprayed the second window with ECH2O, wiped it clean with a MF, it wiped clear. Nice and clean without the need for a second MF wipe down.

The final test will be to see if one stays cleaner then the other, only time will tell.

Appreciate the response and the info.

I plan on using it as a drying aid mostly on a non coated car until I end up coating it. With ech20, elixir and reload, it’s a tough decision.

Awesome E92 btw.

You will get a small edge in gloss and slickness with EliXir compared to ECH02, but we are talking degrees here.

Less is more with EliXir, it can become streaky otherwise. With a white or silver vehicle, this would be less noticeable though. I tend to prime the towel generously, then one or two spays per panel and work it in. It also works better if you have a secondary dry towel to level it off.

If you are using EliXir as a standalone, I would make sure you be very mindful of what soap you are using to clean with. EliXir and Reload have very low pH tolerances.

This is from the current Carpro catalog, which lists EliXir and Reload as having a pH tolerance between 6 and 7. Which in theory means that anything above or below those numbers will do harm.

You will get a small edge in gloss and slickness with EliXir compared to ECH02, but we are talking degrees here.

Less is more with EliXir, it can become streaky otherwise. With a white or silver vehicle, this would be less noticeable though. I tend to prime the towel generously, then one or two spays per panel and work it in. It also works better if you have a secondary dry towel to level it off.
[/url]

If you are using EliXir as a standalone, I would make sure you be very mindful of what soap you are using to clean with. EliXir and Reload have very low pH tolerances.

This is from the current Carpro catalog, which lists EliXir and Reload as having a pH tolerance between 6 and 7. Which in theory means that anything above or below those numbers will do harm.

Ahh that's an interesting graphic. Good to know, my car soap is CarPro Reset which should be good. Feels like it's missing the text though to explain what all the rows mean lol.

Same thing happened to me with 914, I didn't like it. I think it was because I didn't mix it quite right. The second time was a pretty good experience. I still have it and would use it, but I have a feeling I'm going to like Absolute.

So funny, I still haven't tried ECH02 lol. I meant to buy some and compare it to the stuff similar to OG's drying aid, Topper, the one from Xtreme Solutions. I'm about half way through my gallon. I'll order both when I go to order my DI resin refill here soon.

I have used ONR and Wolfgang Uber the most. I have tried Absolute on my YouTube channel and liked it also. I can’t say I noticed a huge difference between absolute and those 2. They all do a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Back