Plastidipping my c7 corvette orange

I’ve talked to some more guys that have more experience with the clear coat. It is much more difficult than the plastidip to spray. More variables. More temperamental but it’s a game changer for durability and ability to use all your regular detailing products on the dip

If I ever dip again I’ll wait until it’s much cooler if I do the clear coat again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great in low light and not up close. Most people probably won’t even notice but people that are on this forum definitely would
fb01b7ade3ecfb2bc9dbc3c796b3cae1.jpg

66d8404fe8dd9b925a13993cbffc9f72.jpg

883a55ab340eeb26debf5b1d2d4a4e60.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks good, sort of a "not very" stealth fighter. Looks far better than the matte black plastidip I sprayed on my hood. I used a couple of spray cans, and I was holding the cans horizontal as I sprayed down onto the surface, so I got some rough patches and some smooth patches. It's mainly to cover up, and prevent more, clear coat failure. It was cheaper than getting another vinyl wrap, and I'm hoping it will peel off easier than the vinyl did.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. Still incredible that you pull off these colors changes with, imo, success.

What an amazing amount of work. Nothing even close to what I normally associate with a PlastiDip job. What an interesting way to change the color of your car.

In the grand scheme of things, is there any advantage to doing this over just getting a wrap? By the time you've bought all the product for a primer, color, and clear combined with the time spent spraying, I'd think the costs would be pretty close.

How does this hold up to bugs and rocks on the road? I'd think the softer nature of the PlastiDip might act like a PPF when it comes to road debris.

I can dip it myself for about 1 grand. A great wrap job would be 4-6X that. I don't have the anything to vinyl wrap.

This does protect the paint really well (as would vinyl)

Other than the clear coat this stuff is very very user friendly. I think I'll skip the clear if I do it again later.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I don't really have much ppf experience

My green dip still looked awesome after 3 years if daily driving and peeled off great

My green dip still looked awesome after 3 years if daily driving and peeled off great

I think it's pretty awesome. Excluding the value of your (not inconsiderable) effort and skill, to be able to so completely change the look of the vehicle AND protect the original paint for roughly a grand is (IMO) a helluva deal. While it's a shame about the clear on the orange (and orange IS a killer 'vette color) I think both it and the green look great.

I think it's pretty awesome. Excluding the value of your (not inconsiderable) effort and skill, to be able to so completely change the look of the vehicle AND protect the original paint for roughly a grand is (IMO) a helluva deal. While it's a shame about the clear on the orange (and orange IS a killer 'vette color) I think both it and the green look great.

was there no clear coat on the green?

It had clear on the green. No issues with it that time.

I’ve used the clear 3x now
Truck 1st got some runs.
Car green 2nd looked fantastic
Car orange had clear issues (maybe heat/humidity/temp change)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the black emblem added on the back
Side skirts and rear spoiler coming soon
c309b649e69883b8d6c54d62424b873e.jpg

Maybe a vinyl wrap is an option next

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Maybe a vinyl wrap is an option next

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I’ve wrapped some small items. zero chance I’d attempt wrapping a full car. The mirrors and bumpers would be an absolute nightmare

Back