Griot G9

tasdisr

Reaction score
I currently have a PC 7424 (not the XP) and was considering the purchase of a G9. Would this be an upgrade from the PC 7424. I am only using it on my wifes and my own car.

I currently have a PC 7424 (not the XP) and was considering the purchase of a G9. Would this be an upgrade from the PC 7424. I am only using it on my wifes and my own car.
Definitely..more power and life time warranty. Put a 3"backing plate on the PC for tight areas, headlights, carpet cleaning etc.

Does the lifetime warranty only apply if you buy from Griots?

Does the lifetime warranty only apply if you buy from Griots?
I thought if it wasn't direct, you'd be dealing with the place you bought it from if you had a issue. Direct, I believe they also have a 180 day return policy.

Autogeek regularly does 15% sitewide though.

I would probably buy from Autogeek along with some other items.

Grab the Griot's 5" backing plate and 5 1/2" pads in your order.

Yes, the G9 has enough a$$ to churn the 6". But I have found it very unpleasant to use. (Unless you were to be working on the sides of cargo vans all day long). ;)

(Unless you were to be working on the sides of cargo vans all day long). ;)

And if someone is doing that, they should get a 21mm throw polisher and the 7” pads. But otherwise, I agree that the G9 works great with the 5” pads though to be fair, I never tried the 6/7” pads on it to compare.

My PC is very old, I most likely got it a year or so after it was introduced-my G9 (with the 5 1/2)" kit was just purchased a few months ago. Posting that the G9 would be an upgrade does not even come close to what I observe and I really think you have to see it for yourself. Generally this would be risky and it IS with any other buffer-sorry guys but the truth is the truth-get a G9 try it-I cannot imagine you sending it back.

Is it perfect? of course not-can you stall it?, of course you can the really big BUT is that one, or at least I- have to put a lot of effort into making it stall at least as much down pressure as I have to exert on my vintage Cyclo .

Get one you have very very little or nothing to lose and you stand to gain big time.

I thought if it wasn't direct, you'd be dealing with the place you bought it from if you had a issue. Direct, I believe they also have a 180 day return policy.

Autogeek regularly does 15% sitewide though.

The sales I've seen exclude polishers, but you do get rewards for you purchase.

The sales I've seen exclude polishers, but you do get rewards for you purchase.
I referring to a sale like this, which was in May. They're currently doing a sale on $100 gift certificates, which could be used.

bf3c0080bf1062d2ee4fd1369e679119.jpg

I think I am going to order the 5.5 inch flat pad kit.

I've only been using 6" pads on my G9 so far (other then 5" glass rayon BP and pad.) Not had issue yet so far other then my technique still needs some practice... Though I do wish in ways I had gotten the older Griots as I could switch it between the 3 and 5 or 6" backing plates. The G9 does seem to get much hotter though in the center spindle/pad compared to the 7424 I had years ago, but its been a long time since I had that so not 100% sure...

Grab the Griot's 5" backing plate and 5 1/2" pads in your order.

Yes, the G9 has enough a$$ to churn the 6". But I have found it very unpleasant to use. (Unless you were to be working on the sides of cargo vans all day long). ;)

That’s interesting you’ve found it unpleasant. Once I got past my mental conditioning from my GG6 days that I’m only supposed to use 5.5” thin pads, I actually found there are times I prefer a thick 6.5” pad (for curves and contours of all places). I’ll use my 6.5” thin pads for big flat expanses.

Like Paul mentioned, make sure if you get a 5.5” plate you get the Griot’s vented one - the backing plate was designed as part of the machines cooling.

After thinking about it I was wondering if I would be better off buying the G9 and and the CCS Lake Country 6 pack of foam pads and picking what pads I want. My paint on my Jeep is in pretty good condition so it needs very little correction.

After thinking about it I was wondering if I would be better off buying the G9 and and the CCS Lake Country 6 pack of foam pads and picking what pads I want. My paint on my Jeep is in pretty good condition so it needs very little correction.

Absolutely. But, I think you would be better off getting the LC Flat pads rather than the CCS.

Any suggestions as to which pads to order?

I would get 6 White and 6 Orange to start with.

Jeeps tend to have medium/hard clear coat, and I have found the White & Orange to be the best for it.

Back