Inside Griot's Garage

Anyone have experience with the Griot's CC vs. Optimum's Hyper Polish?

Yea, they’re 2 totally different products as 1 is a compound and 1 is a finishing polish.

475348f0542027493e936cbd2014285d.jpg

Correcting Cream works good at removing moderate defects and can finish lsp ready in most cases.

I’ve only used Optimum Hyper Polish once, this past week on my own car and there’s something about this polish.. I’m convinced there’s a good amount of polishing oils or whatever term people want to use I don’t really care, all I know is this polish produced a shine that doesn’t come from just removing defects [keep in mind there weren’t many defects to be removing]

To my eyes, this Hyper Polish left an extraordinary gloss on the paint. It made a good 1st impression as a finishing polish.

15c400dafa01e7b2868e361d4ba321c6.jpg

A follow-up question...ever use PERFECTING Cream? Or is that too mild to even bother with?

PC is an ultra-fine finishing polish. Maybe if you were working on super soft black paint you would find a need for it. But I never have.

What Paul said. I've used it on our Audis after Fast Correcting and Correcting Cream with the idea of trying to "jewel up" the paint a bit - but with hard clear and the lighting I was working with I really didn't notice a big difference. Both FCC and CC were finishing down well enough they didn't need chasers.

That being said, I could 100% believe a situation where a car with tricky soft paint would benefit from Perfecting Cream.

Truth be told, I did a lot of hand wringing and dollar crunching while debating about buying each one, but now that I've got them I'm glad to have each one to turn to if I need it. They're really great to use.

What Paul said. I've used it on our Audis after Fast Correcting and Correcting Cream with the idea of trying to "jewel up" the paint a bit - but with hard clear and the lighting I was working with I really didn't notice a big difference. Both FCC and CC were finishing down well enough they didn't need chasers.

That being said, I could 100% believe a situation where a car with tricky soft paint would benefit from Perfecting Cream.

Truth be told, I did a lot of hand wringing and dollar crunching while debating about buying each one, but now that I've got them I'm glad to have each one to turn to if I need it. They're really great to use.

Speaking of buying all three, I’m wondering if a product like TW 1 And Done would be more economical since you only have to buy one product and it changes abrasiveness based on pad choice. Or do you think I could get the same flexibility out of just buying BOSS CC (for example) and using different pads to achieve different levels of abrasiveness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should really make a sample pack. Little 4 oz bottles of all 3.

Speaking of buying all three, I’m wondering if a product like TW 1 And Done would be more economical since you only have to buy one product and it changes abrasiveness based on pad choice. Or do you think I could get the same flexibility out of just buying BOSS CC (for example) and using different pads to achieve different levels of abrasiveness?

I've wondered the same thing. I recently bought Griot's Boss fast acting cream and correcting cream. I have Lake Country orange and white pads I'll be using.

I'm hoping this is enough for removing some scratches and what appears to be a bird bomb.
a642af3935e55f5c77d3ff92998d187d.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Full confession, I haven't done any reading on the TW 1 and Done, but I would bet you'd get very similar flexibility out of the Correcting Cream. Don't quote me on this, but I thought the biggest difference between say FCC and CC was the abrasive load used, not the abrasive size that was used.

For the BOSS line the color matched liquids/pads are just a recommended starting point.

Full confession, I haven't done any reading on the TW 1 and Done, but I would bet you'd get very similar flexibility out of the Correcting Cream. Don't quote me on this, but I thought the biggest difference between say FCC and CC was the abrasive load used, not the abrasive size that was used.

For the BOSS line the color matched liquids/pads are just a recommended starting point.

I believe you’re correct. My understanding is that FCC, CC, and PC all use the same size submicron abrasive, just with varying load in the suspension.

That would be amazing. I’ve been going back and forth for a while on which to buy because they’re all around $20 each. That’s $60 to have a full set. A sample/starter BOSS Cream set would be great! We should bring it up on their next livestream

looks like the g8 1" extension will be available with a kit with 1 of each pad. don't see it on the website yet.

G8 Orbital 1" Extension Backing Plate - YouTube

Just watched this about 15 minutes ago. :xyxthumbs:

That would be amazing. I’ve been going back and forth for a while on which to buy because they’re all around $20 each. That’s $60 to have a full set. A sample/starter BOSS Cream set would be great! We should bring it up on their next livestream

Nah, just grab the 16oz bottles. You won't be disappointed. :cheers:

Seems like an easy add-on to sell with a polisher (at a discount). As others have said, the correcting cream finishes well. You can always go back for the other 2 later. If you don't have major correction, the FCC may not be necessary.

I've wondered the same thing. I recently bought Griot's Boss fast acting cream and correcting cream. I have Lake Country orange and white pads I'll be using.

I'm hoping this is enough for removing some scratches and what appears to be a bird bomb.
a642af3935e55f5c77d3ff92998d187d.jpg

You might want to get a magnifying glass or magnify with your phone. I bought a used car with low miles and I couldn’t remove any of the bird bombs because they were too deep. Oh well. It looks good from several feet.

6da42eba6f4c8d017fe9492f00356179.jpg

Last time i went to Griots they were out of Correcting cream. I wasn’t sure if i wanted to sub FCC. They gave me a small sample to try.

I would order the CC direct as it has alot of correction and will finish down most times w/o needing a polish.

Call and ask before hand if you order would they include sample of the others.

6da42eba6f4c8d017fe9492f00356179.jpg

Last time i went to Griots they were out of Correcting cream. I wasn’t sure if i wanted to sub FCC. They gave me a small sample to try.

Good to know that exists. I got the the FCC and PC to complete the set on Cyber Monday.

Was that enough to test it out? I was curious how much area you'd be able to cover by the time you're done priming the pad.

Good to know that exists. I got the the FCC and PC to complete the set on Cyber Monday.

Was that enough to test it out? I was curious how much area you'd be able to cover by the time you're done priming the pad.

If using foam pads, priming is not necessary. That sample looks pretty generous. 2oz should be plenty to do a couple panels on the car to see how well it works.

I love how FCC smells. It doesn't have the most cut though, so if you have deep defects or really hard paint, you'll l likely want a more aggressive compound. FCC with a LC orange pad on my brother's Porsche wasn't removing the RIDS. I had to use microfiber and Jescar Correcting Compound and that took care of it. I had the same experience with water spots on my VW's paint.

Haven’t used yet but i would think after priming a hood would make sense

I just purchased some Griot's spray wax. Basically needed a wax spray for my 4 post lift posts LoL. Suppose to help with smooth operation.

Anyway, anyone have good luck with this product? I normally just use a good quality detail spray for getting dust and such off my summer cars.

Assuming this should only be used after the car is washed.
f6ffa517a91a2217ff9905356cd68875.jpg

I just purchased some Griot's spray wax. Basically needed a wax spray for my 4 post lift posts LoL. Suppose to help with smooth operation.

Anyway, anyone have good luck with this product? I normally just use a good quality detail spray for getting dust and such off my summer cars.

Yep I love that Spray-on Wax. It’s basically just sprayable carnauba and not much else than that. Great as a drying aid!

You are correct it should only be used on a clean car. Doesn’t have any cleaning agents in it, just wax. I kinda think of it as baby wipes vs baby oil… you wouldn’t wipe a baby with baby oil unless all the poop was gone .

Plus it's a great spray bottle, best in the business and it's not even close IMHO

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back