What did you do today non-detailing related?

Kaeleigh and I finally got started thatching the lawn

8f0fe12cc18b517533eeca1ad135b51d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat me to it, I was typing this in when your post popped up.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

I have the edge on you, I've been to Albuquerque dozens and dozens of times so I can spell it faster

I have the edge on you, I've been to Albuquerque dozens and dozens of times so I can spell it faster
So you're saying is, if it had been Oodnadatta I would have been in with a chance.

Door speakers part 2 today. Driving to the dog park today I noticed that the buzzing had come back in the passenger door speaker, forgot how boring it is driving around without some tunes playing.

After lunch I moved it inside and took the speaker out again, checked everything, put the speaker back in, buzzing stopped. Leaving nothing to chance, I took it back out again and swapped it for the driver's door speaker, also got rid of all the crimped terminal connections and soldered all connections.

If the buzzing comes back in the driver's door, I know it's the speaker, if it comes back on the passenger side, it's the wiring or the head unit, and if it's gone, then I'm the man.

7d837d52f638cdb7947f3717375f41d5.jpg

083a8d1b887d7922b0d302d3ee664312.jpg

Knocked together a quick trellis for the Mrs on Sunday.
(Yes, the planter box is getting tired. They’re going on 7 years old at this point…)

083a8d1b887d7922b0d302d3ee664312.jpg

Knocked together a quick trellis for the Mrs on Sunday.
(Yes, the planter box is getting tired. They’re going on 7 years old at this point…)

Nothing wrong with the planter box, looks great too me! :props:

Nothing wrong with the planter box, looks great too me! :props:

Thanks! They were my first real wood project since high school. Was pretty happy with how they turned out for just hackin’ along with a circular saw. Wanted to add a little detail so did the overlap pattern on the ends. Made 2 3’x8’ boxes (out of frame) and the corner box is 2 3’x4’ boxes that share 2 sides and are made as one.

17b98c882f88fa0409ee0c08678ae30f.jpg

Pardon the warped bottom corner, you know how big box store lumber is…

Got in car this morning and realized my time had come for this common malady with these cars: headliner fabric let go and was sagging down.

451e35c0aa6efa1942759003a79a2947.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got in car this morning and realized my time had come for this common malady with these cars: headliner fabric let go and was sagging down.

451e35c0aa6efa1942759003a79a2947.jpg

My Mum had this old 97 Holden Commodore for years, over 230k on it, and the headliner was fine. She gave it to her eldest grandson, my nephew, as his first car and within six months the headliner had completely dropped. I put it down to his excessive use of Lynx body spray, which I believe was sold in the US as Axe, so you know what I'm talking about.

So what body spray have you been using, and how much of it?

My Mum had this old 97 Holden Commodore for years, over 230k on it, and the headliner was fine. She gave it to her eldest grandson, my nephew, as his first car and within six months the headliner had completely dropped. I put it down to his excessive use of Lynx body spray, which I believe was sold in the US as Axe, so you know what I'm talking about.

So what body spray have you been using, and how much of it?

Alas, being a traditionalist I have yet to move beyond the tried and true bar of soap.

Those boxes look great, oneheadlite, what is the Mrs. growing in them?

Thanks!

Peas, green beans, and lemon cucumbers in the box with the trellis, then others will have tomatoes, zucchini, kale, kalettes, radishes, and probably other stuff I’m forgetting.
Alas, being a traditionalist I have yet to move beyond the tried and true bar of soap.

What a bummer on the headliner! Do you do a lot of windows down driving, or it’s just inevitable on those?

It's just peppers (jalapeno, anaheim, serrano and shishito) and herbs for me.

Back