This Thursday night - 1969 Ford Thunderbird Barn Find - Sitting for 24 years

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Phillips
  • Start date Start date
Will there be a video feed or better yet, drop it as a video pod-cast in this thread later after edits?

Sorry to say but "no".

Yancy is off work for the next few days....

All I can say is stay tuned for some AMAZING pictures!

Like these!

This car was stored, un-driven for 24 years. Near as I can tell it was NEVER maintained. Anytime it was wash the person doing the washing either used a yard rake or a steel SOS pad and gravel for soap.

Before doing the #7 rub-down I had to wash this car first so with the help of my co-worker Derek we washed the HELL out of this car. Starting with Iron X over the entire car include paint and the vinyl top.

I'll let the pictures do the talking....

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Wait till I put the before and after pictures of the top together you're going to be blown away!!!!!!!!!

:)

did i miss the update?

Here's the link,

How to restore a Barn Find - 1969 Ford Thunderbird - #7 Rub Out + FLEX = 3D products

In an effort to keep threads somewhat organized there's a forum group for "Sign-up" threads and there's a forum group for "Pictures and Comments" threads.

And I don't add all the before, during and after pictures to the "sign-up thread" or they would show up on around page 3 or 4 of the thread. Believe it or not, the AGO forum is hit by so many people searching for info that upon getting a link to a thread with tons of information, if it's not on the first page some people don't know how to navigate to the other pages. So they miss the info. That's why I created a new, dedicated thread for the write-up and don't post them to the sign-up thread.

Hope that makes sense...

Hi Mike,
I know this is an old thread, but the link to the "results post" is coming up with a "Page not Found" error. I'd really love to see the post of the process if it's still available. Can you fix the post?

Thanks!
Munsey

Hi Mike,

I know this is an old thread, but the link to the "results post" is coming up with a "Page not Found" error.

I'd really love to see the post of the process if it's still available.

Can you fix the post?

Thanks!
Munsey

Just fixed the link.

I looked at the code and it had some weird stuff going on? Not sure?

Must be a Ghost in the Machine

It's fixed now. Never heard what happened to that car?

Last year I used this picture in a Power Point for Mobile Tech Expo.

watermark.php

Now I'm going to turn it into an article to make a point.

Back