Open House Detail Day at Autogeek - Saturday, January 4th, 2020

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike Phillips
  • Start date Start date
Wow, this sounds great. I'm a new member, but I will definitely be there. Looks like I joined at just the right time.

Wow, this sounds great.

I'm a new member, but I will definitely be there.

Looks like I joined at just the right time.

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Should be fun tomorrow. There should also be some very cool cars here.

Forecast shows chance of rain but that's normal for Florida.

:)

:updated:

Setting up the garage right now.

Also - breaking news! This just arrived and everyone attending will have the opportunity to test it out!

What's in the box? Griots G8 Mini Random Orbital Polisher by Mike Phillips

Griots_G8_018.JPG

:)

... We about to collect our rental car & start our way from Orlando down to Stuart so we can be up bright & early to get that dose of awesomeness that is Autogeek!!! Exciting!!! :buffing:

See y’all tomorrow. :props:

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

... We about to collect our rental car & start our way from Orlando down to Stuart so we can be up bright & early to get that dose of awesomeness that is Autogeek!!! Exciting!!! :buffing:

See y’all tomorrow. :props:

Sounds good Aaryn.

I'll plan on being here about 7:30am.

The event officially starts at 9:00am but I know a few guys are coming early.

See you tomorrow!

Maybe we should machine sand the rental car?

:laughing:

Sounds good Aaryn.

I'll plan on being here about 7:30am.

The event officially starts at 9:00am but I know a few guys are coming early.

See you tomorrow!

Maybe we should machine sand the rental car?

:laughing:

Hahaha! :laughing:

The rental would certainly benefit from
exactly that ... & a PDR guy wouldn’t go a miss either. Had to laugh when the guy checking it out to us said he was just going to check it was clean ... I’m guessing the answer was NO. :dunno:

Got me to sign for it to say that it was checked over, to which I asked about the dent here, here, here & here, or the scuffs on the wheels .... etc etc ....

Anyhow - we made it. We are here in Stuart at the Courtyard Marriott (just across the way from Autogeek) & we didn’t hit anything or anyone on the way from Orlando to here. I guess however that the speed limit signs are simply a suggestion??? :dunno:

1493d3d7fed5c4a6dae228bad4bdbc7b.jpg

c120ef88b5b2e1502a16a09fcc0cd3d8.jpg

6dab03a62eae18eed4d673a48fbdbbb4.jpg

684e7e67504ebcd51ee2e84dde9d61d4.jpg

042a8a239aeff86ec154b5ee24022052.jpg

3443e4f1c3395fccd77b26d3f0855b43.jpg

Roll on tomorrow. :buffing:

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Can’t wait to see what you guys might do that rental car. I bet the representative’s jaw is going to drop when you turn it in!

Anyhow - we made it. We are here in Stuart at the Courtyard Marriott (just across the way from Autogeek) & we didn’t hit anything or anyone on the way from Orlando to here.

I guess however that the speed limit signs are simply a suggestion???

:dunno:

Yeah, here in the U.S. the speed signs are more or less an guideline. :laughing:

I personally think the drive from Stuart to Orlando is horrible. The traffic is always congested and hectic. All around the Orlando area the highways are always under construction somewhere.

The only time I travel there is for work purposes and as soon as work is over I knock the dust off my shoes and get the heck out of there.

Glad you all made the trip safely.

:dblthumb2:

Yeah, here in the U.S. the speed signs are more or less an guideline. :laughing:

I personally think the drive from Stuart to Orlando is horrible. The traffic is always congested and hectic. All around the Orlando area the highways are always under construction somewhere.

The only time I travel there is for work purposes and as soon as work is over I knock the dust off my shoes and get the heck out of there.

Glad you all made the trip safely.

:dblthumb2:

When I went to visit Aaryn and his family it took 2 hours 20 minutes to get to Kissimmee from Tampa. The traffic on I-4 was 15mph for 35 miles. :doh:

That's usually an 70 minute drive.

But it was well worth it to get to meet up with them.

But I'm with you Mike, the roads have been under construction for decades.

I constantly hear about what a nightmare it is to drive around Orlando on the news every day. That’s why I ventured around there only two or three times in my fifteen years living in Florida.

... As I sit here at 20 past 8 on a Saturday night writing this, I realise that this time in a fortnight we will have just taken off from New Zealand on our 8000+ mile journey to Florida. :xyxthumbs:

Really looking forward to it & really looking forward to hanging out with the good folks at Autogeek for this Open House Day. :buffing:

Aaryn, just wanted to say it was a real pleasure to meet you and your family.

Your expertise in this field was much appreciated. Your advice and kind words are something that can carry a business a long way.

Watching you ceramic coat that blue Audi was watching a master at work.

Again, thanks for traveling all the way here and our best wishes go out to your wife a kids.

P. S. I’m not sure if you’ll still be in town on Monday the 6th, there is going to be a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral, Kennedy Space center sometime after 9pm on January 6. It can be seen from miles away and it can really be an awesome sight.

Rocket Launch Schedule | Kennedy Space Center

Check the Kennedy Space Center website for launch time details.

Maybe we’ll meet again,
Jerry and Grace

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Hey Mike, Thanks for hosting this open house. It was a great event, everyone stayed busy. Each car coming through presented a new teachable moment. (Grace won't let her paint get that oxidized again.)

But, You know what product got the the most attention?? It was the Grit Guard Universal Detailing cart. :-) Everyone coming through the car wash and claying station said, "where has this been my whole life?"

And, thanks to Aaryn for making the long journey, just to be put to work as soon as he got here.

Thanks,
Jerry 0

Back