What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

We finally had two consecutive days of sunshine so it was time for the truck to get the full treatment. It got a two bucket wash with Hyperwash and then finished up with a layer of Griots 3 in 1. I took it to my nephew’s birthday party and I got a lot of compliments.

514a857d2cd207b8bab80037e97eaa44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I detailed this Landcruiser a few months ago, I had it back today for a pre-sale clean up.

Having got into shape last time, today's detail was far less effort. The Landcruiser now has over 178,000 miles on it.

The owner once worked for Holden / GM here in Australia as an engineer, before heading to the US to work for another company. Having returned a couple of years ago, he has been asked to return to the US to pick up where he left off on a car that is being readied for the market in the near future. If I told you what car or company, I would have to shoot you, although I think I left a couple of hints.

Our parking lot got resurfaced this morning so the ES is out on the street overnight. I'm going to C&C tomorrow morning and needed it freshened up so I don't have to do it in the morning. In my quest for using up/revisiting old favs I reached for another one this evening...Kenotek Showroom Shine

This is another great quick detailer that's so much more, kinda like BSD IMO. It made quick work of the little bit of dust and a couple different sap marks I've never seen before because I don't usually park there.

Once done there I wiped down the tires with Gyeon Tire cleaner and followed that up with a light coat of Adam's graphene tire dressing. I also wiped the spokes and lip of the wheels with Kenotek.

I finished up with a quick vac and spraying of CG's Black Frost in the interior and now I'm running a load of mf towels using Rags to Riches, really liking this but not sure it's replacing 3D Towel Kleen due to its incredible value and work ethic

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I use the R2R on dirty or sealant infused loads. Alternate that with my 3 other MF wash I have.

I detailed this Landcruiser a few months ago, I had it back today for a pre-sale clean up.

Having got into shape last time, today's detail was far less effort. The Landcruiser now has over 178,000 miles on it.

The owner once worked for Holden / GM here in Australia as an engineer, before heading to the US to work for another company. Having returned a couple of years ago, he has been asked to return to the US to pick up where he left off on a car that is being readied for the market in the near future. If I told you what car or company, I would have to shoot you, although I think I left a couple of hints.
Hmmmm, would love to break this on The Car Guys Report-Informed Automotive

Davy, the Sierra looks great. Always loved that blue.

DFB. Please tell me it’s another v8 rwd platform.

Davy, the Sierra looks great. Always loved that blue.

DFB. Please tell me it’s another v8 rwd platform.

Unfortunately, no.

The "modern" world really see's such a thing as a thing of the past.

Me, I would have no interest in this new product.

O-O-O I know what it is. It's a 4 door, electric version of one of the most unwanted cars on the market...BUT will use its iconic name in an attempt to "Jedi mind trick" a dumb buying public like Ford has done with their Mocker-E

My buddies and I will be paying close attention to this
9139b482e0f571648a7627746ed84e2f.gif

O-O-O I know what it is. It's a 4 door, electric version of one of the most unwanted cars on the market...BUT will use its iconic name in an attempt to "Jedi mind trick" a dumb buying public like Ford has done with their Mocker-E

Sold more Mach Es in June than they did the regular Mustang.

Everything I've read is that it's a perfectly fine vehicle. I thought it was a bit silly using the Mustang name at first but quite honestly at this point I could care less. It's just a name.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Gave her older Escape some much needed love this morning. Had some minor paint work done about a month ago. Interior was already done.

Good wash.
Cleaned & dressed engine.
Used Blackfire Hydroseal on all exterior surfaces.
Dressed all exterior trim.
DP tire shine on tires.

For 2 hours of my time, it turned out fantastic! DONE.

Sold more Mach Es in June than they did the regular Mustang.

Everything I've read is that it's a perfectly fine vehicle. I thought it was a bit silly using the Mustang name at first but quite honestly at this point I could care less. It's just a name.

Well when a name means something else you don't tarnish it. I mean seriously, is it really that hard to come up with a name The people who buy stuff like that don't wanna be connected (pun unintended but makes sense) to us. They're doing the same thing with the Lightning and I've heard rumors of Thunderbrid going on "something", nothing is sacred anymore...change for the sake of change

Well when a name means something else you don't tarnish it. I mean seriously, is it really that hard to come up with a name The people who buy stuff like that don't wanna be connected (pun unintended but makes sense) to us. They're doing the same thing with the Lightning and I've heard rumors of Thunderbrid going on "something", nothing is sacred anymore...change for the sake of change

I thought Galaxy would have been a better name for the Mach E. I was stunned when Ford named it a Mustang.

In actual fact, Ford naming the Mach E a Mustang was a brilliant marketing move as without the catchy name, I do wonder how well it would be selling.

Bugger!

Knocked this bottle of the bench, landed head first on the floor snapped the trigger off. :doh:

...and boom boom goes the Dynamite

Charger is now a 4 door and they sell a boat load of them. A name is a name. Ford and everyone else is in the business of selling cars.

I don't know why people get upset about cars like the Mach E and other electric cars. Same with boring crossovers. I know I've seen you say that you want a Veloster N, if Hyundai doesn't sell a boat load of CUVs like the Santa Fe and the Palisade that means that can't afford to continue making the Veloster N.

Me being a VW guy it's the same thing. If they don't sell a ton of Tiguans and Atlas then that means I don't get to enjoy the GTI and Golf R in the future.

Ford is no different, they need to sell a lot of Mach Es and Escapes to be able to continue to sell Mustangs. Like it or not that's the way it is right now.

We can all that the Cayenne for Porsche still existing too.

I know I went on a tangent that wasn't just about naming issues but in regards to the Mach E and Mustang name it's all about branding. If you can make the soccer mom and dad think they're cool because their electric CUV says Mustang on it then it was a success.

I thought Galaxy would have been a better name for the Mach E. I was stunned when Ford named it a Mustang.

In actual fact, Ford naming the Mach E a Mustang was a brilliant marketing move as without the catchy name, I do wonder how well it would be selling.
Exactly right. I didn't find actual sales numbers but car and driver has an article published on June 7th saying that in 2021 they have PRODUCED not sold 27,816 Mach Es and 26,089 Mustangs year to date.

Charger is now a 4 door and they sell a boat load of them. A name is a name. Ford and everyone else is in the business of selling cars.

I don't know why people get upset about cars like the Mach E and other electric cars. Same with boring crossovers. I know I've seen you say that you want a Veloster N, if Hyundai doesn't sell a boat load of CUVs like the Santa Fe and the Palisade that means that can't afford to continue making the Veloster N.

Me being a VW guy it's the same thing. If they don't sell a ton of Tiguans and Atlas then that means I don't get to enjoy the GTI and Golf R in the future.

Ford is no different, they need to sell a lot of Mach Es and Escapes to be able to continue to sell Mustangs. Like it or not that's the way it is right now.

We can all that the Cayenne for Porsche still existing too.

I know I went on a tangent that wasn't just about naming issues but in regards to the Mach E and Mustang name it's all about branding. If you can make the soccer mom and dad think they're cool because their electric CUV says Mustang on it then it was a success.

It's all good, one Detroiter talking to a native Detroiter. The Veloster has been reduced to just the N now and I'm sure it's not long for this world. When the time comes hopefully I find one in my color and if not, it's MIATA time

Back