A Good One Step Compound & Polish

HockeyCrazi

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Looking for some advice on buying a good 1-step compound. Something that can cut, and finish down like a polish. Was thinking of something like Sonax Cut & Finish. SONAX Cut & Finish

Was looking at the All-In-One's like HD Speed, but I want to be able to put my own sealant on after polishing. I know you can top HD Speed and others, but why have that wax in there if you're just going to top it with something better?

So what's your recommendation for a good product that can cut and finish in 1 step?

Will be working by machine (MT-300) and have cutting/polishing/finishing pads + microfiber cutting/finishing pads.

Thanks Everyone! :buffing:

griots fast finish is great, finishes near perfect
megs d300 has also worked out great for me
I have used Sonax and that also had wax ready results

You could try using those uro-fiber pads from buff and shine. I can't wait to pick some up.

Hey Everyone,

Looking for some advice on buying a good 1-step compound. Something that can cut, and finish down like a polish. Was thinking of something like Sonax Cut & Finish. SONAX Cut & Finish

Was looking at the All-In-One's like HD Speed, but I want to be able to put my own sealant on after polishing. I know you can top HD Speed and others, but why have that wax in there if you're just going to top it with something better?

So what's your recommendation for a good product that can cut and finish in 1 step?

Will be working by machine (MT-300) and have cutting/polishing/finishing pads + microfiber cutting/finishing pads.

Cut & Finish works great. It will suit your needs for a one step compounding polish. Good cut and good finish.

I used it with the Meguiar's burgundy foam discs, Buff & Shine Uro Fiber and Griots boss microfiber pads. Worked with each pad combination. I used it with my Rupes MKII but I don't see an issue with the MT300 and those pad combinations.

•What you're asking for is, more
often than not, paint dependent.
-"The Test Spot" will be the key
"determiner".

•Take Meguiar's Ultimate Compound
for an example:
-It's finished down LSP-ready, at least in
my assessment, on most occasions.

-However...there's been a rare occasion
or two where I had to follow it up with a
mild polish for the paint to be at the LSP
ready stage...and I don't call it a deal
breaker based on that factoid.

Bob

Hey Everyone,

https://www.autogeekonline.net/foru...ver-removing-holograms-using-flex-3401-a.html

My 1-step combinations currently

M100 on a Yellow uro-tec pad
HD Polish+ or Scholl Concepts S30+ on a uro-fiber pad
Boss Fast Correcting Cream on Maroon uro-tec pad
Boss Finishing Sealant on Boss Microfiber pad

I like Wolfgang Uber and Wolfgang TSR. Both cut and finish pretty fricking awesome.

Hate to say but there isn't that "one" product due to different paint systems. Bob hit on this above. Having a few products/pad combos onhand is really the key to reach your desired results via a test spot.

A Good One Step Compound & Polish

Depends on the paint hardness and/or color.

Scholl Concepts S3 XXL, S20 Black, S30+

S20 Black is the most versatile.

I've tried MANY compounds and polishes. Scholl are the only paint correction liquids I use nowadays.

With that said, AutoGeek doesn't sell them...lol

I probably shouldn't be posting this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone,

Hd Speed followed by Poxy is one heck of a combo!

Hate to say but there isn't that "one" product due to different paint systems. Bob hit on this above. Having a few products/pad combos onhand is really the key to reach your desired results via a test spot.

Spot on.

The one-step I use on my Toyota barely works on my Mazda, and won't put a dent in my VW. I keep a couple products on hand and use different pads accordingly. I also try to go only as aggressive as absolutely needed, which means I typically use polishes and swirl removers while using compounds only for isolated trouble spots.

Rupes UHS is a true compound with heavy cutting of 8/10 and true LSP ready finishing can be use on any paint inclued Sticky paint and soft paint.
If you want heavier cut FG400 is always reliable with 10/10 cutting and fishing a little bit less glossier than UHS, will also have problem on sticky paint as well.

Both compound pair with Buff and Shine URO Fiber will give you great result.

thanks Everybody for responding, think I'm going to give the Sonax Ex 04-06 a try. Really appreciate it!

Menzerna MC2500 has been a favorite for the past few years. I normally use it with Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pads.

It cleans up the paint really well finishes great, very easy to use, and economical - takes a little product to complete the job.

I use this in place of heavier cut products because I'm usually not going for absolute perfection on cars receiving that service.

A also love Rupes UHS, and Keramik/Yellow microfiber pads for that task if using their system.

Meguiar's M86 has also been a good friend for one stepping.

I had fantastic luck with Sonax EX 04-06 on an orange CCS pad in fixing my Enclave... That stuff ROCKS!
Their Polymer NetShield is also super-easy to work with.

Back