Canopy

IOMCAMARO

Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap canopy that I can use to cover a car while I'm detailing it. Anyone got any ideas? P.S. When I say cheap I mean like $100 or less. Thanks for any advice.

build your own with a tarp or something? E-Z up's are 300+

Dang man, academy ran a special last week on these. 12x12 for only $50. I actually brought two of these last December for 120 each.

Wally World or K-Mart, K-Mart has some a little bit larger for just over a $100

You can usually find an EZ-up 10x10 or 12x12 on sale from $60-$100. Try Northern Tool, Kmart, Walmart, Dicks Sporting Goods. I think I've even seen them at CVS.

I personally wouldn't do 12x12. My 10x15 doesn't even give full coverage on any full size car or truck. I paid $200 from pep boys

Dang man, academy ran a special last week on these. 12x12 for only $50. I actually brought two of these last December for 120 each.

Yeah, I got the same EZ-UP 12x12 for $80. Don't know where $300 came from. Maybe for the BIG ones. But for a car...you don't need that.

I've actually come to find that I'd rather not use a shelter all together. I'd rather just get right to work, and polish panel by panel instead of dealing with a tent. I typically hit my mobile job in the morning before the sun gets crazy. Get in, get out.

I was at Dicks sporting goods yesterday and they had several on sale. If I recall a 10x10 was around 50.00, they also had a few larger ones.

I bought a kwik shade weekender 10x10 on sale at Sports Authority for less than $80 on sale. It works for me although part of the car sticks out. However, for me it kinda extends my garage shade so its fine. It's easy to put up and down solo, which is what I like.

Yeah, I got the same EZ-UP 12x12 for $80. Don't know where $300 came from. Maybe for the BIG ones. But for a car...you don't need that.

I've actually come to find that I'd rather not use a shelter all together. I'd rather just get right to work, and polish panel by panel instead of dealing with a tent. I typically hit my mobile job in the morning before the sun gets crazy. Get in, get out.

+1 i always start first thing in the morning......usually 7 -730 am

i know this threads a lil old and all but i just brought a 10x20 canopy at pepboys for 80$ its not bad after tied down it has give but some gives a good thing. i plan on leaving it up for good. ill take it down when a bad snows coming but other than that its stayin up cause its not a easy up..

I got mine at Sports Authority for less than a hundred bucks and they also offered a twenty five dollar gift card at the time for next purchase. I highly suggest getting something to hold it down however, I got these dumbell looking things that slip around the poles.

6fa1949d-032c-4fc6-a459-2558e2ec5da5_300.jpg

I use 2 10X10's that I got from Walmart, $49 each regular price. Picture posted

Not stuffed at all, $100 for 2-10x10's or wait for the next sale and get the 2-12X12's
Please let me know when they do go on sale, I'm in for 2

I would like to have one of these, but then my neighbors would REALLY think I lost it!

I'm not sure these canopies really do much good. Only the top of the auto is blocked by the sun.

i believe i have a 10x10 , it covers only half of the the car. So i do the front half then re-position it to the back half, and take a lunch break, then do the back half. I can tell you the part of the car i am working on is in the shade the whole time.

I'm not sure these canopies really do much good. Only the top of the auto is blocked by the sun.
As a mobile detailer, I can tell you they do a lot more than just block some of the sun. Perception is sometimes a great asset when dealing with clients. If the canopies didn't block a lick of sun, it still looks more professional than just detailing a car out in the open. What sets you apart visually from the guy next door detailing his car while you're detailing a clients car. Sure, he could have a canopy himself, chances are he doesn't. So while the canopy may not block out the sun that day, I'd still set it up just to look more professional. Sometimes image is everything, isn't that one of the reasons your clients want to look good in their cars.

Back