PDA

View Full Version : Meg's APC+ in an extractor?

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
09-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Anyone used it? Does it foam a lot? What's the strongest dilution it can be used on carpets in an extractor(without foaming too much)?

I tried OPC 3:1, and it cleaned like no other, but wayyyyyyyy too much foam. Although, it's not designed to be used in an extractor.

Thanks. :dblthumb2:

Rsurfer
09-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Anyone used it? Does it foam a lot? What's the strongest dilution it can be used on carpets in an extractor(without foaming too much)?

I tried OPC 3:1, and it cleaned like no other, but wayyyyyyyy to much foam. Although, it's not designed to be used in an extractor.

Thanks. :dblthumb2:

Don't they have a antifoaming agent?

WRAPT C5Z06
09-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Don't they have a antifoaming agent?
:dunno:

Rav777
09-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Are you worried about the foam build up in the recovery tank or the foam coming out of the nozzle?

I havent tried Megs APC but I have used several APC's that I find in my local detail store. Most of them say to dilute 20 parts water to 1 part product. I like to spray the APC in a bottle rather than putting it in the solution tank.

Ryan R
09-22-2011, 01:44 AM
I purchased my Mytee HP 60 from another detail supply that sold their own de foamer and it worked great. You could use it by putting in the recovery tank or just spray the area you're working on.
I never checked AG for any "de foamer"

Mobile detail
09-22-2011, 02:05 AM
I actually just used APC + in my mytee spyder for the 1st time. I usually use just a touch of Auto Magic Special Cleaner in the solution tank. I poured prob around 5 oz in the tank to 4 gals of water. I don't like to use much solution in the tank because of the foaming issue and because I feel the machine cleans better with just hot water and pre treating the carpet. I didn't have a foaming issue with the APC+. I know that there are companies that do sell "defoamers" specific for extractors that you can get at any janitor supply store. I have not seen any on AG. Hint Hint... What machine are you using Mark?

tag4car
09-22-2011, 04:08 AM
*Might* find an anti foam additive around the service desk at home depot or lowes..

mjlinane
09-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Great timing. My APC+ is to arrive today. Bought it just for this purpose.

Based on Mark58's post of a couple days ago, vinegar is a defoaming agent. Haven't tried that.

shoeless89
09-22-2011, 06:53 AM
I just fill up my LBGM with APC+ like I would any other solution. I know it's not a hot water extractor but I has worked well for me.

CrownKote
09-22-2011, 07:00 AM
For stopping foam just use 2 oz of vinegar in the waste tank and 1 oz in the fresh water tank...

It will help if not stop it all together...

Garry Dean
09-22-2011, 07:07 AM
I used to use APC+ in my extractor all of the time. It works very well.

Regular APC foams like crazy.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Thank you fellas.:dblthumb2:

Is it safe to use 4:1 on carpets?

Won't vinegar effect the performance of the product?

I'm using the little green heated "extractor". :laughing:

aerogt01
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Is it safe to use 4:1 on carpets?

Recommended for tough spots, in fact.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Recommended for tough spots, in fact.
:props:

Explicit Shine
09-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Yes the vinegar WILL effect the cleaning power of the apc.
I clean alot of carpets... i mean alot.
What i like to do is pre treat the area with an enzyme or course after vacing and lifting any of the piles with a carpet comb or any old brush.
I also find that dry brushing the area while vacuuming makes a huge difference.
Tough stains will get apc+ at 4:1.
Then in the solution tank i run an acid based neutralizer to balance the ph of things.

Thats being said you can also just pre treat with apc and add a tad bit of vinegar to the solution tank and the foam is gone and your ph safe!

edit: the second part has NO apc in the solution tank just water.