PDA

View Full Version : GTechniq Panel Wipe

Pages : [1] 2 3

alko
10-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Has anyone tried the GTechniq Panel Wipe? Price seems pretty decent. I've been using Griot's Garage Pre Wax Cleanser for the past couple of details. For those that have? How do you like it? And is it comparable to Carpro Eraser and IPA's?

Champ2day
10-14-2012, 10:06 AM
We used the Gtechniq Panel Wipe on the Ford from that last boot camp. Wipes on and wipes off really easy (better than IPA IMO). I am pretty sure MP posted some photo's of us using it. I can't advise on the other brands as I have not tried them.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Subscribed. Would like to know as well.

alko
10-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Yeah I did a search on it and saw ya'll used it in the boot camp. The price seems pretty good for it. I used Griot's Garage Pre Wax cleanser and it was leaving streaks.

alko
10-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Mike I think imma get it. The price is attractive and I'm getting ready to detail my dd here soon.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Have you used Eraser?

alko
10-14-2012, 10:22 AM
No I haven't...I had it in my cart until I saw the GTechniq.

TrKent
10-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Gtechniq Panel Wipe is NOT an alternative to IPA or Eraser. It chemically strips the paint whereas the others remove oils and polishes. it should only be used before paint coatings not waxes or sealants.

alko
10-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Isn't that what IPA and Eraser is supposed to do?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-14-2012, 10:31 AM
No I haven't...I had it in my cart until I saw the GTechniq.

I use Eraser and and it works great. No problems with removing oils, fillers, compounds, etc

Ryry11
10-14-2012, 10:31 AM
I've used panel wipe. Works good. I like it a little better than eraser. I put EXO on my car about a month and a half ago, as soon as AG started carrying it, and at the time they didn't yet carry the panel wipe. So what I started out doing was doing a final wipe with eraser. Then I saw mike using worth's clean solve, I think that's what it's called, before applying exo on one of his videos. I then bought that and finished off my car using that. I really liked the way that worked. Panel wipe and worth's are a lot alike. Both good

TrKent
10-14-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm trying to find a post in one of the Gtechniq threads where Mike explains why Panel Wipe is too aggressive for prep before wax or sealant.....

From what I remember, it is essentially the same type of product used in body shops to prep panels before painting. Something like Klean-Strip Prep-All but with better lubrication.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-14-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm trying to find a post in one of the Gtechniq threads where Mike explains why Panel Wipe is too aggressive for prep before wax or sealant.....

From what I remember, it is essentially the same type of product used in body shops to prep panels before painting. Something like Klean-Strip Prep-All but with better lubrication.

Cool. Looking forward to that article.

I use the Kleen-Strip at work and it is indeed to aggressive with no lubrication in it.

Waxmax
10-14-2012, 10:45 AM
If you're going to use EXO ($) then I would follow their recommendation and use Panel Wipe.

I use Eraser alot and follow with CQuartz or conventional sealants/waxes......have not tried EXO.

Some think Eraser might leave something behind that could interefere with EXO.

alko
10-14-2012, 10:48 AM

Yes please post the thread if you find it. I'd be interested to read up on it. On the car I was detailing yesterday, the Griot's Pre Wax Cleanser was leaving streaks. I don't know if its because the product has sat for about a year or what.